• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Has anyone else come across this

Do you have a Sam's club in your area? They carry PMI stuff and also Exceed, Sportsman's Chioce, Iam's. Lots of quality food at good prices. by chance was it a wheat alergy or maybe Lamb? Is the food the same ingredient list? Could there have been anything else that did it, bee stings or something? Good luck.

I had a dog with corn meal allergies(Major hotspots, later seizures. According to my vet many dogs have allergies to corn or at least difficulty in digesting it. Many dogfoods are high in corn meal(usually the first or second ingredient listed). Even those that are lamb and rice formulas have a lot of corn meal. So don't assume.

Sounds like you dog had a major allergic reaction. Compare ingredient lists.

But also be aware that the listing may not be accurate. If the dogfood manufacturer has changed the ingredients in the food they are not required to update the listing until they have run out of the bags with the old listing.

Good Luck with the pooch!

[This message has been edited by Borch (edited 12-15-2003).]

If anyone has any suggestions to this problem, I would be gratefull
I have a 4 year old golden retriever and we have been feeding him PMI nutrition since he was a pup. The local dealer switched to a nutrena brand so I figured it would be a good opportunity to go to something that Fleet farm sells. I got Iams and started gradually introducing it. (1/3 cup Iams 2/3 cup PMI) After the 3rd meal my dog looked like he had gone 10 rounds with tyson, his face was all swollen to the point where one eye was shut and he had hives all over his body. We quit the IAMS and I found a dealer 50 miles away that sells PMI. I went and bought 100lbs but it is out of the way so it requires a special trip. Has anyone else seen this and how did you deal with this. He is a Golden so that means hot spots in the summer so now i have to endure my lab owner buddies teasing me that my dog is allergic to both food and water.

ftripley22,

I have a 7 year old black lab and I have fed her science diet since she was a pup. Two years ago I ran out of science diet so I picked up some purina and she did the same thing. Her face swelled up and she could hardly walk. When I brought her to the vet they told me she had a reaction to something in the food. I am 50 miles from the closest place that sells SD so I have to make the trip once in a while and stock up.