• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Road to the Frozen Four

cbrooks

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Yale. I admit i didn't give any ECAC team any credit. They proved me wrong. It was fun watching them this week. Not so much fun watching them beat UND two weeks ago...oh well

Yale was very impressive. They went through some of the best teams in the country and all of that while barely making the tourney. They got hot at the right time!

A hot goalie is all it takes. Look at the Kings winning the Cup.

Got back from Pitt late last night so I'm finally checking FM. SCSU has to play better defense to win it. Just kind of disappointed of the long drive and they were never really in the game. Nice to finally make the Frozen Four.

Congrats to Yale. I was telling my buddies that I thought they might be the team to beat as I was liking the way they were playing!!!

If SCSU makes it next year I think Pitt is my limit for a drive. I don't think I'd want to drive all the way across Pennsylvania to get to Philly.

Hats off to you for making the drive. You are a great fan! Bummer that the game started the way it did.

Since you were there, how full was the arena would you say? On TV it looked like maybe 60-70% full in the first 10 rows. Granted many of those empty seats were probably sold, but with fans of the opposite Thursday game. They rarely if ever showed the rest of the arena.

I'm trying to understand the logic of selecting Pittsburgh one year and Philadelphia the next? The X was packed and rockin' in 2011. I don't understand why it wouldn't be in the permanent rotation every 4-5 years given the venue, type of fans here, and great college teams around here. Joe Louis in Detroit and Boston are 2 other areas that should be part of the rotation. Then go to 1-2 new venues every cycle.

I thought St Cloud skated well for the most part. But that first goal was the goalies fault and our Hobey guy needs to make that play back on D for their third goal. Huskies just couldn't get an Mo going since they could get another goal to make it a little closer. I wouldn't have minded a more exciting 3-2 loss or something but we never really got back into it.

Rink was probably closer to 80-85% full on Thursday. My one friend has been getting tickets for 10 years in hopes he's get some better seats. We were top deck in a corner. I told him to dump the seats and I would rather try to get them from the University since they were all lower level. Otherwise I could have gotten lower level seats through stub hub right after the Husky game. My point is I don't think it sounds like the NCAA has much of a problem selling the seats but attendance probably isn't quite where it should be in a case like this.

There were definitely a few lower level seats that were empty but the upper deck was pretty full all the way around as well. Probably a few less people on Sat. since 2 of the teams were out of it.

As far as tickets go I think the same very large group of people renew every year, they probably go most years but can't make it every year but still pay so they don't lose their spots. You also have fans of the teams that just don't go to all the games and once their teams loses they are done. I hear tickets are pretty easy to come by on Thursday from the losing teams fans. Really the only time frozen four tickets will be hard to come by is when you have a big school playing in their back yard.