• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

St. Cloud Area ducks????

Besides below the dams on the river in town, are there any huntable birds left in the area? Even though the river is wide open, and there are spots to hunt on lakes, it seems like it is futile to even go out and set up if it is unlikely you will see any birds in the sky. I always thought I'd like to see it get cold early and push some ducks down....now I'm wishing it was more like last year and some of the birds at least stuck around to see the end of the season.

S.A.

I just saw several hundred mallards North of Richmond landing in a field. Quite a site. A lot of the smaller sloughs are starting to open up with this wind and rain. Most of the birds I have seen lately are on the bigger lakes.

Last Friday and saw about 200 mallards working the fields between Clearwater and Big lake. There just seems to be a ton of Northern birds around right now.

------------------
Mille Lacs Guide Service
www.millelacsguideservice.com

Sartell Angler, I went to the Sauk today. I did not see many ducks,but the geese were plentiful,I managed to get one. The ducks that I did see were closer towards St.Cloud rather than the area I hunted today.I think I'm going to set up for some goose action in the morning.

Hey Wigeon, were on the sauk? On the way to work, I saw alot of geese and ducks cicling the farm, the freeze has pushed anything left south of the damm, which is good for me. The late season goose should be good, do you want to come with?

This morning I was hunting by the qaurry near Rockville. I got two geese and two greenies. There was alot of shooting this morning towards Cold Spring. The mallards and geese were flying in good numbers this morning, too bad the duck season ends today.The rest of the goose season hopefully will be good.

I've got a question for you.....when does goose hunting open back up. Last year, several people I talked with had the understanding that goose hunting was open right through the end of the regular waterfowl season to the end of the late season (last year the 17th I believe). I thought that it closed with the waterfowl season, and then re-opened a week later when the regulation book said that was the start of the late special goose season. Can someone clear this up for me once and for all?
By the way, it was nice to see all the reports on here this year. Hopefully the waterfowl/dogs thread will continue to grow in years to come as it is nice to see some local reports. Good luck to everyone this late season, and happy holidays.

SA

Goose is open until Dec 5 for the regular season around Cold Spring/St. Cloud. Stay east of Hwy 71. Late season opens Dec 6-15 for the entire state except the West Central (Lac Qui Parle) zone. Limit goes up to 5 for late season but you need the permit.