• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

i drove by moose lake today, and made my way the round about way to bass lake also. i spotted goldeneyes and a small bunch of bluebills on moose, and some divers of some sort on bass lake. i have been watching every day, and this is the first i have seen of them here. that is a good sign. some years they don't even make it til the season closes. with predicted lows towards -5 degrees for tomorrow night alot of the lakes will slam shut providing the wind stays down. that will make it alot easier to find birds. just look for open water. the trick can be just finding a place to set up. many of the area creeks that harbor open, running water are so low the current isn't enought to keep the water from freezing. many are froze right now. rivers and big deep lakes that historicaly stay open late will be your best bets.
the hardiest of the northern birds are still to come, but they do require open water, so we could end up with a butt load of birds all at once.
lots of snow on the ground, so snow type camo will be in order in most cases too.
first things first though, i am going to slam a 200 grain 35 caliber remington projectile into the side of a nice buck this weekend, then it's off to have my way with the remaining northern birds. life is good, play hard grin.gif
be safe, jigglestick.

Life is good, isn't it Jigglestick? Especially when game is abundunt. I hunted all day yesterday and got 2 mallards, 2 bufflehead, 1 bluebill, and 2 geese. There's been a lot more birds showing up in the last few days. The geese were darn near landing on top of me while I was heading out in the evening! Maybe I should use a long handled net. grin.gif The flowage I hunt is large. Waterfowl use it as a safe refuge at night. Morning flights of birds number into the thousands. Always leaveing 10 minutes before shooting and arriveing 10 minutes after, you could set a clock by thier flight times. Too bad our airline industry didn't work that way also. smile.gif I have no idea where they go every morning, I wish they would stay and fly in circles around the lake! I'll do an evening hunt today, capitalizeing on "prime time" for the returning geese. My problem is that I plan to hunt a few hour in the morning, but after countless "just another 15 minutes", it's dark!!

------------------
http://groups.msn.com/canitbeluck

Jiggle...That .35 shootin' iron still sighted in? I say we set up camp Jiggle on Red and do a little Waskish surf & surf. MMMMM duck stuffed with crappie! Ooooo... hehehehehe Do like a buddy of mine does...hunts by a spring fed pond and duck hunts and deer hunts at the same time! Good Luck this weekend! Ken