• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ANY BIRD REPORTS FROM THE WINNIE AREA?

Trying to decide between the deer stand and the duck blind for this weekend. Does anyone know what the bird and ice conditions are like in the 3rd river area of Lake Winnibigoshish? Sounds like all this cold weather is pushing the ducks down. I could really use one more hunt if it's possible. Anyone have any info for this area? Thanks in advance.
Ed

I was up doing some diver scouting for next week, hopefully all the other's will be rifle hunting. With the way the temps are, a guy is going to have to hunt the north side of the lake, as alot of slush ice is piling up in the Tamarack Point area. Today a buddy and I saw a flock that was probably 100-200 yards long and about 100 yards top to bottom, NO KIDDING!!!! It was an awesome sight, one that I will never, ever forget, they were flying near Tamarack Point. Most of the waterfowl we saw were around the Tamarack Point area, but impossible to hunt, as the shore ice 10-20 yards, is too thin and there's 30-50 yards of slush ice out from that and the birds are on the outer edge of the slush ice. The north shore or in Cutfoot will be your only choice. Hunt it soon, as there are definitely alot of birds up there.

bmc

Pelican Lake up by the Falls filled up today. I talked to a buddy who was hunting the north end and he said the sky was black with BIG white bellied BILLS. He thought there was 10,000 new ducks on the lake!!!!!!! I am leaving tomorrow early morning but I'm afraid we are going to lose the lake tonight or tomorrow night. Most of the small bays were tight already. According to Belinda Jensen, KARE 11 weather it is suppose to get down to 14 in the cities tonight and 8 thursday night, northern MN will be at least 5 degrees colder. I think we are going to be chas'in big open water. Big Winnie here we come? GOOD LUCK pounding the northerners this weekend fellas. Remember to be safe, you will not last long in the water at this point in the season!!!

I was on plughat point on winnie tues and there were alot of ducks we did good we landed at plughat landing but there was quite a bit of ice I dont know that you could get in there anymore with these cold temps. You could maybe get in at mosmo and boat out to the big lake. good luck I am heading to blackwater for the evening hunt tonight.
Jason

------------------
fishing fever guide service
fishingminnesota.com/fishingfever/
phone 218-327-2191
e-mail [email protected]

Was out on Cutfoot Mon and Weds afternoon. Mon- Lots of ducks flying around and lots of shootin' in the area, should of had my three bills but i was shootin horrible. Weds- went ou to the same spot and there was not very many birds flying where I was, I did see a few big flocks of ducks flying over winni though.

Bassman