• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

eagle claw in line ice reel

theresa

Looks like "The Frenzy" is over, wonder what'll be next? grin

Happens every year! Kind of fun though that all these new innovations are coming out! I would check out the Okuma SLV 2/3. It's a decent fly reel in the $40-50 range with a good drag and it's built much stronger than the inline reels that are out nowadays. Just a tip.

I was lucky enough to find a EC reel a couple days ago. Already been out on the ice twice to try it out. I love it and think that it is as good if not better than the 6061 that i've tried earlier in the season.

Great story behind that 23" eye... Went out on a tiny 100acre east metro lake early ice this year. It was my first ever time on this particular lake so I went out and found the 20ft hole directly in the middle. I started jigging for crappies with a glow green Lindy toad and Northland impulse mini smelt. No more than 30min in this walleye hit. I got him up to the hole with 3lb mono two times both ending with the fish spooling me out all the way back to the bottom. On the third attempt I got him through the hole and couldn't believe it.

Sounds like a good time. Reason I ask was because I was up on a lake in the Emily area on saturday and was jigging with a green jalapeno and a red Custom jigs and spoons finesse plastic and had something huge hit it.

I'm guessing it was either a bass or a walleye. There were other fish on the graph so I'm pretty sure if it was a northern it would have scared everything else away. But it was spooling out drag, and doubling over my noodle. I quickly got my transducer out of the hole and it had one more run and then *pop* "Oh no!!!" I yelled. Thinking my line had snapped. but it just got off. This was just as we were packing up to leave too so that would have been a thrill to see what it was.

I hear ya there Matt. Would have been great to see what it was!. Nothing compares to catching a big fish on these panfish rod combos. You can't see it in this pic, but during this fight the 'eye completely broke the top portion of cork away from the rest of handle from torquing the rod so hard. It is now held together by electrical tape haha.

972191_553973144661956_1045587493_n.jpg

ICAST 2013: Eagle Claw Premium Inline Reel - Eagle Claw has introduced the Inline reel perfect for jigging or trolling. The Inline reel is made up of a durable nylon body and an unbelievably smooth and durable aluminum spool ensuring years of flawless operation. An inline reel ensures reduced line twist, a common problem with a spinning reel and light lures, but that is only one benefit these advanced reels provide. With a free spool feature that completely eliminates any drag on the spool; the Eagle Claw inline reel allows you to easily drop the lightest jigs, down to 1/64oz, with ease.

• 4+1 ball bearings

• 2.6:1 gear ratio

• 15.75 inch line retrieve per crank

• Free spool release button

• Spool tension adjustment

• Star drag

• Line clicker

MSRP $59.99

Looks about the same as last year but double the cost. confused