• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I'd think about hitting the bow stand or maybe hike around for some pheasants HunterLee. I just got back from a week long excursion in the BWCA. 6 of us went in for a moose hunt, I was 'help' but toted my fishing rod and a single shot for grouse and fowl.

I am not kidding when I say that I probably saw less than a dozen birds during the course of the week. I wasn't just sitting in camp either. The canoe/portage in was close to 11 miles and I saw only a few. When the moose was harvested, we did the 11 miles out and back in (in was almost dark) and I saw 0! I hiked and canoed to several other remote lakes...nothing! The only other fowl I saw were loons (but I didn't know the limit...kidding) and what looked to me to be an imature goose (too far to id) in a dog fight with an eagle...the eagle won.

The water up there is still quite warm. I don't think the birds have thought about coming down from Canada yet. Tough to say though...once they get going, it doesn't take them long to move through the state.

To the hunt.

------------------
"When the hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20' closer to God"
-Fred Bear