• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

what do you think?

After reading 1m4ducks line about banning spinners nation wide, especially for the greedy southerners, it got me thinking.

I have always thought we in MN should get to hunt ducks until Jan 1. Now before you guys all call me crazy, think about this. Each year in south central MN we find ourselves praying for the big fronts to bring us the northern ducks (lately hoping for the western ducks from dakotas). Some years this works, but some the weather is so nice, our season is over before the "northern flight" has come through. If this would mean cutting the daily limits to 3 or 4 I would have no problem with this. I just enjoy seeing large flocks of late season mallards, and some years this doesn't happen.

Granted some years the lakes are frozen and they are through 2 weeks before the end of the season. So I guess my point is let us hunt them until they are through. The southerners get to hunt them in their wintering locations and complain about only shooting 22 drake mallards instead of 28, when they are hunting in 60 degree weather.

Just wondering what others think about this?