• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

duck or grouse

I have a couple days off coming up this week. I'm wondering if I can't get out early in the morning is it even worth trying to find any ducks? Would I be better off driving farther from home and looking for grouse since it would be almost a mid-day hunt?

[This message has been edited by say_der (edited 09-30-2003).]

Duck season just opened, reports are that there are quite a few ducks around, grouse hunting will only get better as the leaves fall - I'd go duck hunting. But like any hunting, its only as good as the land you have access to hunt on.

Well I'll probably head over to the Swan Lake area. I've heard that can be pretty good - plenty of places to look for the birds. I'll try some jump shooting and maybe bring some decoys with in case there are large flocks that may trickle back.

Thanks.