• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lookin for a new spot

Erik,
Do you have a MN Gazateer book that shows all of the public land in MN? If not, buy it!!! It is large book with bright red on the cover. Can find it at any sporting goods store or bookstores. It is an awesome tool and it shows all the public WMA's and WPA's. Good luck. Then start driving....

I'm tired of the same old, same old. I'm looking for a new duck hunting spot somewhere WNW of the cities, maybe in the Alexandria area. It would have to be a walk in spot suitable for waders, I don't have a boat. I'm not looking for your favorite spot, but if anyone can point me in the right direction to some ducks I'd appreciate it. You can email me at:
erik at blackhole dot com

Thanks,

Evenflow

Finlander - Thanks for the info. I'll have to check into it.

CD - Yeah I do have it, and live by it during these three months. I'm just trying to narrow things down a little. There's SO much land out there, it can be a little daunting. I also like to pre scout using one of your favorite tools, Sat. photos.

I'll be heading out that direction this weekend with my map book in my lap.

Thanks again.

Evenflow

I use a combination of DNR aerial photos available from the recreation compass on the DNR HSOforum ( http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/maps/compass.html ) and USGS photos available at www.terraserver.microsoft.com . The DNR photos generally were taken in the falls of '94-'96 and the USGS photos generally from around April '91. USGS are a LOT more detailed, but often show some water that doesn't normally exist because they were taken during spring runoff.

Evenflow

Erik,
I scout via terraserver a lot. It is an awesome tool for finding hidden pockets of water. I wish I could point you to a "wadeable" spot, but every pothole is different and most are too deep for just waders. I've tried myself.

This year is the year though with all the low water conditions! It's hard to get a boat into a lot of spots this season.