• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild pig hunting

stckthrwr

I have family down in Oklahoma that rub in the fact that they can hunt pigs year round. There isn't really anything for wild boar/pig in Minnesota that I am aware of. But are there neighboring states that you can hunt wild boar for free? And is it something that you can go onto state land and hunt? Or do you have to go onto private land (with permission) to get one? I have been wanting to do it, but a trip 8 hours south isn't really in the cards anytime soon.

Thanks

nathan

Hey where in OK do they live? I am down here working and could go and shoot one for ya and let you know how it was!! grin LOL. I dont think any close states have them that I am aware of. Have an offer to go to Louisiana for a hog hunt but not sure if Im gonna go yet. Still have 2 months down here so will see.

I keep hearing about the pigs in Wisconsin but between the folks I grouse hunt with and myself we have never seen any or any sign of them in 25 years of hunting all over the state. The way they breed there would be a ton of them by now if they were there I would think

Bak2mn- they are kind of midstate. But from the sounds of it, they are all over. smile If you get one and let me know about it, I may have to convince the family that it is time for a road trip.

GSP- That sounds like quite the hunt. I used to get a hog hunting magazine that talked about hunting hogs with knives. Couldn't imagine doing it. hope to hear about it when you get back!

Scott- I guess i wouldn't have thought of the UP.

I was surprised that I hadn't heard much about them down in iowa. I figured with all the pig farms and things, that there would be some down that way, but I don't know.

Well, it looks like I may just have to take a visit down to the family in OK and get some hunting in that way. I keep hearing about how great the hunting is for the pigs, and I am stuck not being able to hunt anything else now for awhile.

Thanks everybody!

Nathan