• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

my boy's 10/12 years old had a pretty good shoot & a geat day. nothing in the decoys but puddle jumping teal was fun. 5 greenwings. missed on a mallard , a full color woodie drake, and a lot of others, but hehe thats huntin. we've been going since my oldest was 8. always a great time! I can't believe some people are against it. good luck, tkf

Greatest weekend ever, I say weekend because I took my 8 year old son to ND for the youth hunt. The first morning we hunted a pothole with decoys but action was slow, his first shot went him backwards into the 6 inches of water we were in. His second shot he bagged a gadwall, life was much better. He took about 5 more shots a bagged one more bird.

That evening scouting he bagged his first duck flying it was just great. He ended up the first day 3 for about 12, some days I wish I could have done that well.

The one of best parts of his day was having brunch in the cafe and then playing pool, he justed loved it!

Sunday was unbelieveable, we set up in a field that the ducks were in Sat. evening. To say the least the mallards just kept coming all morning, he bagged 4 mallards. We also had about 10 geese within 20 yards, he made a shot with his single shot 20 ga. but they all made it away just fine.

The youth hunt gets an all thumbs up from me. I was able to devote all my attention to my son and I did not miss shooting one bit. It was just a great weekend!!

I did not get a chance to go, but a friend took my 14 year old out. they had a great time, he got three mallards, two teal and a goose. all with a box and a half of shells. was his first duck hunt every.

opsirc