• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Millacs area duck hunting

Isle Bay can be hot, especially during early season.
For divers, any of the points such as Hawkbill and Hunters are good.
Listen for reports of the birds leaving Winni, Mille Lacs will be their next stop.
Good Luck!

Can anyone share some info around areas to duck hunt on opener around Millacs lake. I will be in the Wahkon area. Are there some good smaller lakes. Also I am wanting to hunt the bluebills later in the year. Is Wahkon bay a good place for this or is it better elsewhere on te lake.

To hunt the larger ones I's say yes. The smaller ones you wouldn't need one though. These can really be hot throughout the season too.

Go do a little grouse hunting/scouting and see what you find.

Borch

Borch is right, a little scouting will tell you a lot.
I hunted with out the boat, just have to make sure your shots will drop them on land or very close to shore.
A dog would help a great deal here.

Benny

If your intrested, I don't have a hunting partner this year.I like to hunt with others so the bordum between duck flights doesn't send me packing, I could easly hunt that area with you or your welcome to hit Fergus Falls with me.

Benny

Benny
I would be interested in hooking up sometime but I have 3 guys and my kid lined up for opener. It sounds like we wont be up in the area until Saturday afternoon. Kid has a football hame sat morning. And hunting Sunday. I am going to check out the wildlife area this weekend. Maybe later in the season after I get back from elk hunting. I am pumped to get out there brother in law called last night they are 3 for 4 on bulls. Cant wait.

As long as you hunt in the weeds and not on land you are ok. A rock counts as land so the pile off of rainbow island is a no-no.
You can however apply for a permit from the tribe. It's up to them wether they issue you one or not. I do know at least one person who has gotten one in the past.
Good luck