• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I haven't been on here for awhile.My wife and I are in Europe right now.

Harvey....as for Sask....if they do it they do it.I don't live there,you don't live here.Res can make any changes they want.If Minn restricts my fishing,so be it I will live with it.

2 important things here that mean a lot.....your fishing season ìs year round....our waterfowl is 60 days most of the time,sometimes less.Pretty tough to compare them.

Another huge difference is that land for hunting here is mostly private and can easily be restricted,limiting opportunities.Minn lakes are public.Go where ever you want.

You can't do that when hunting in ND.So the only options to keep the pressure down is restricting NR hunter numbers or pricing them out of coming here.I don't like that at all.

These 2 things make comparing fishing and hunting almost impossible.If Minn fisherman need to put more restrictions on....go for it.I will live with it.

Oh, I can live with it no problem at all.

All I was trying to say is that every year more states are either making it more costly or restrict them all the more.

There will be a time when it gets so spendy, ELK hunting in Montana or deer hunting in Iowa has gotten almost out of control.

I know, I do not have to go.

I have never hunted waterfowl in ND but hunt several other states for big game. I totally believe in reciprocity. Restrict our fishing for NR, maybe that would help Mille Lacs or maybe I would get to catch another fish somewhere that a NR took home. Or maybe eliminate NR from applying for bear tags since it is getting more difficult to draw.

Where do we draw the line? MN needs to consider a line somewhere and not just leave it a free for all at resident expense. I don't use resorts or guides so I frankly don't care about the tourism dollars one bit. Is that what we are goint to have to do. I sure hope not as my favorite hunts each year are out of state and what I look forward to most each fall.