• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Old boots died ... need new ones

yoppdk

My Rocky Snow Stalker boots came apart at the seam last week. They were great boots since I bought them in 2000, but are no longer available. Went looking for a suitable replacement but find nobody has much in stock here. Does anybody have any recommendations for a really good ice fishing/snowmobiling boot? Not looking for a good value as much as comfort/warmth. I might need to order on-line, so let me know how yours fit (true-to-size, small, etc). Thanks ...

I have a pair of Danner boots that i got in probably 2002. Great boots! Waterproof, Thinsulate lined. My feet are rarely cold. I use them for everything. Ice fishing, snowmobiling, shoveling the driveway, even walking around at outdoor winter carnivals. They fit me great, true to size. I have a small cut on the toe from when I set an auger blade on it. Never had any water come through it though.

Hope this helps.

Just received my new pair of boots yesterday...Baffin Apex. They're probably a little bigger boot than your Snow Stalkers...more like a pac boot size. Have yet to be out in them, but they seem like they're going to do the trick. Using them for the same reasons as you.

Rated to -148F, but who the h**l would be out in that! grin Lots of insulation and look to be VERY well made. $167 shipped to my door. Wear size 11 shoe, so i went with size 12 boot.

full-26116-30044-786334_p_detailed.jpg

I have Baffin Impacts and wouldn't hesitate to get another pair if these ever give out. They are incredibly warm and comfortable. It feels like you are walking on a pillow! For being a Pac boot, they are very light, but still a little bulky. Gander Mountain carries these.

If you don't plan on standing in water, I recommend Stieger Mukluks. You will NEVER find a warmer, more comfortable boot anywhere. The only downside is you can’t be in standing water but they are very water resistant once treated. You can wear them outside in the harshest conditions and then sit around the camp in them like they are slippers. Your feet don't get cold or hot.

Muck Boots are great.

Ditto. I never realized that the boots could make so much difference! I always thought it was just the socks. I have worn mine deer hunting, ice fishing, wood cutting, maple syrupping, and sliding in the snow. Comfortable and warm!

I just picked up a pair of these... Cabela's 11" 1,200-gram Outfitter Series™ Pro Hunting Boots. I wear a 10 1/2 shoe and chose an 11 1/2 boot. I haven't worn them outside yet but they sure felt nice in the store. They aren't bulky like a pack boot and are easy to get on and off plus they are on sale for 115.49 on line...regular price is 209.99.

I love my Kamik Boots. Most if not all are made in Canada, and are very high quality. Those Canadians know about the cold, Eh? I have two types now, the Hunter's (I think they were called waterfowlers at FF) and GreenBay4's. I have had the GreenBay4's for 5 years now and they are a great snow boot. You put good wool socks inside of those, and forget about cold feet, it wont happen. They are great for fishing because the whole bottom is rubber, and you dont get wet. The Hunter's are very high quality rubber boots if thats what you like, I like the ankle flexability of the GreenBay4's because its made of cloth. I use the Hunters for hunting, where I want ankle support, and I walk through more than 3" of water.

I just returned a pair of Irish Setter Snow Claw 2000 gram back to Cabela's because they didn't keep my feet any warmer than my 1100 gram 7 yr old cabelas brand. Picked up a pair of Cabela's Predator Extreme, only wore them to shovel snow so far, but they are a serious boot.