• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Dooley87

Looking for a spinner before the weekend

I'm going to try spearing a lake Saturday that I've been told having a spinner can really make a difference, I don't have the time this week to make one so I thought I'd check on here and see if anyone reasonably close had one they would sell. Long shot but figured I'd ask

You might be able to order one before the weekend????

Todays Tackle has the Mini Teasers. I have one and its worked well for me.

Thanks MJ, ordered one of the mini teasers from Thorne brothers, I was possibly going to drive down there once I saw they carried them but realized even expedited shipping was cheaper then gas there and back.

Don't forget to jig that spoon too that also drives them crazy Glad to hear you on the spinner revolution grin

Thanks MJ, ordered one of the mini teasers from Thorne brothers, I was possibly going to drive down there once I saw they carried them but realized even expedited shipping was cheaper then gas there and back.

Good deal

Picked up a few spoons at fleet that looked flashy.

3B7E4450-ECF9-4E46-A21C-656E5E3D2181-259

Do you guys prefer just the spinner in the hole or do you like a combo of a spinner and live sucker or wooden decoy?

Looks great, but don't forget the old red/white spoon that has been my go to this year

I run a spoon and a fake decoy

I also have run a sucker and a spoon

I have done both but this year I havee hardly used a live decoy and done very well.

I havent used my spinner much at all this year.

Seems like I usually only put it down when nothing else is working. I should probably use it more.

Thanks guys, I was using a live sucker and a fake decoy earlier and I think I missed out on a 10lb plus fish because of it, he raced in and grabbed the live sucker and took off, I have a feeling if I just had the fake one down he would have come in nice and slow giving me a shot, I've heard the spinners almost hypnotize the fish and they just sit and stare at it.

Yep thats what they do ,but this weekend I had two smaller pike explode on my soon that was spinning it was the first time that I have that happen. I have had them blast it when I jig the spoon but not when its spinning.

hey dooley, do you live and or work in the cold spring area???????

ps. your pm box is full!!!

I live in cold spring and work in Waite park, in box is cleaned out now. Didn't know you could only have 5 messages in it at one time.

must be old timers..........i remember now too!! madblushcrylaugh

or is that just to old to remember laugh what was I writing about?????

I use rwo decoys and a red eye wiggler with the hooks removed. That wiggler is deadly. They constantly bite it and come back. I shoot pike with bowfishing equip. And the first fish this year i missed 4times !

He just would circle back and kept coming. Yes..... I finally got him!