• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trailer for Canoe

I purchased an Old Town Predator SS150 a year ago and got a lot of good use from it last year. The problem I am having is that it is heavy. It is a square back canoe that is very very stable, but with that comes the added weight. I love the configuration, but would like to be able to unload/load it a lot faster. I am thinking a small trailer would work well. I have my eye on one at Northern Tool that is about $425 new, but like to find something a bit less if possible (used is okay). Does anyone have one they are looking to part with, or maybe where I could get pick up one on the cheap?

The canoe I have is in the link below:

Old Town Predator SS150

Thanks,

Joe

Have you considered a one man boat loader? It is basically a pole that attaches to your trailer hitch. On the pole is a swivel clamp. You lift the stern on the canoe up onto the clamp, then you lift the front and swing it up onto a single load bar. You could use foam blocks if you don't have a load bar, but they scratch your paint.

With a set up like this, you are only lifting about 1/2 the weight at a time, plus you can do it yourself.

Google it for more info. Eide Car-A-Boat Model 5500 is one I saw, but for more choices just google one man boat loader.

Very nice canoe btw smile