• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

replica mounts

stealth3350

Hold off on a decision until the MN Muskie Expo/ George's Muskie Expo. Both Lax taxidermy and Fittatante will be there with many different mounts / replicas in all different poses. They are probably 2 of the top 3 taxidermist. Both offer deals like a $ 1.00 off an inch.

A replica will last forever and look just like the day you take it home in 25 years.

I have a Lax replica of a Muskie and really like it. Others prefer the Fittante relicas. Both do awsome work. Both have Northern replicas in there displays.

Congrats on the true giant

Steve

to those who have gotten replicas made can i get some info.. looking to do a 46 inch pike i realesed.. prices per inch.. i want top notch work

How about a little story about the Pike? I am seriously jealous. Awesome job.

Artistic Anglers is 13.50 an inch...I brought my first replica there a month ago...Everyone I've talked to says they do exceptional work...If your in Duluth this week/weekend they have a booth at the boat show very sweet looking mounts... If you caught the fish on a tip up they had a cool mount last year where it looked like the northern was under ice and the tip up was above it...I believe it was a coffee table or something...I too would like to hear a story on that monster...maybe some pics??

i was fishing red last winter.. using tip ups with 6lb mono leader for wallys.. when the flag whent up i knew it was a pike... i set the hook, and fought that fish for 45 min or so in the cold with no gloves.. i was allmost froze to death. it seemed like it ran hundreds of times lol.. anyways i get the fish in the hole and i about S**t myself.. could not believe how big it was was.. i allways said anything over 40 i would keep.. well after a few photos i decided to let her go.. i kicked myself in the but for weeks.. friends still say (hey remember that big pike u let go) but im ok with it now... it was a great feeling to see her swim off.. so im looking for a replica... never did get the girth of the fish. by doing some math by looking at the picture it looks like the pike is about 7 ninches tall from belly to top of fish.. if i can figure out how to post a pic i would

I caught a huge walleye a couple years ago 31" fish with 18" girth it was huge full of eggs so I let her go. I wanted a replica done as well. After some investigation I found that a very nice replica that looked real was going to cost me big bucks. I went on the online classified Forms , looked by my fiend gregs list and I found many mounts for sale. I purchased a 30" mount from a gentleman who caught the fish in wisconsin and had it mounted. he was moving for 150$ I had a beautiful mount, no its not my fish but neither is the replica. Thats the way I went It was easy and the next fish I want to mount I will do the same

I caught and released a 46" inch pike on URL last February. I ordered a replica from Artistic Anglers at the Northwest Sports Show in March 2012. With tax the replica was $581 I believe. I think I paid $12/inch with the show discount. The mount was supposed to be done in November or December but I have not gotten the call yet. I know they have an incredible business so a backlog is expected.

I also have a 50.5 x 26 muskie replica that I ordered from AA in the early 1990's. They did an incredible job on that one too. AA has a really nice booth at the Sportshow so you can see the various poses etc.

The three replica makers mentioned in this thread all do exceptional work. It really comes down to personal preference. Some have a much more "wet and shiny" look to them. I think AA's mount are the most realistic looking but that is just one guys opinion.

I will post pics of the mount once I get it back.

What info do they require to get a replica mount. Biggest I have ever caught was a 37" Pike and 39" Musky through the ice. I have seen regular mounts and after time seem they start coming apart or loose the color. I have always thought about this and how long a life it took to get this trophy this large and that the option for me would probably be let it go. But would love to have more than just pictures to remember by. But i think with everyone is the cost between a regular mount compared to a replica.

How much difference in cost is there between the two options???

George's Muskie Expo is the first weekend in April I believe. Great Fish once again.

Artistic Anglers does good work I would also include them in the top 5 replicas. Lax and Fitatante have many different poses available depending on the size of the fish.

full-29075-30099-pike.jpg

here is my 46 from red last year.. notice how close im holding the fish to my body!! it was allmost against my chest.. what would be your guess for girth? the other picture of the pike on here said his girth was 22. but it looks a little skinier than the one i caught..