• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rods that do not require "spring bobbers"

Cove

This is great stuff, y'all. Thanks a lot.

I ask about doing without "spring bobbers" mainly because they present an opportunity for my light line to get wrapped around or otherwise hung up on the spring bobber apparatus. I like the Legend spring bobbers but think I will try one or more of the ideas in this thread. Thanks again.

Lakedocktor,

I am going to search for thisPrecision Noodle from Tuned Up Custom Rods, paired with a recoil guide, though I know not what the latter is. If you could wrap out a link I would appreciate it.

Hey, Coners, I actually have an Easy Bite. I did like the looks of them but they still provide a place for errant line to get tangled. Sounds LIke I could give them more of a chance.

I have a Fenwick Elite Tech in UL 24" that is very sensitive. I will usually run this with no bobber. It's my favorite rod except I wish it was 26" and I'm afraid to hook into bigger fish for fear of snapping it.

I had an elite tech UL and snapped it on an 8" blue gill. very sensitive but very whimpy.

Lakedocktor,

I am going to search for thisPrecision Noodle from Tuned Up Custom Rods, paired with a recoil guide, though I know not what the latter is. If you could wrap out a link I would appreciate it.

Here ya go...

http://www.tunedupcustomrods.com/fishing-rods/hardwater-rods.aspx