• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gun/Ammo hysteria update

Originally Posted By: harvey lee

who said it was bush's fault or anyone else's for that matter even though everyone wants to blame obama......

Originally Posted By: amateurfishing

I used to work at a local retailer, the current ammo shortage/price increases dates back the prez b4 our current one when he decided to raid deserts halfway across the world...

maybe i can explain it this way for u.......

i was not blaming anyone specific as much as stating who was in what position when the paranoia & supply & demand issues started. thats pure fact.

just trying to explain timing of when this ammo shortage kinda started and got its legs and what the rest of the world had to do with it, make sense?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have no fear everyone. As long as America is a free country, if ammo prices get too high simply on greed and panic pricing, I'll be the first one to start up my own manufacturing business to swoop in and undercut the oligopoly in domestic ammo production.

That's how free markets keeps everyone honest.

Have no fear everyone. As long as America is a free country, if ammo prices get too high simply on greed and panic pricing, I'll be the first one to start up my own manufacturing business to swoop in and undercut the oligopoly in domestic ammo production.

That's how free markets keeps everyone honest.

That's exactly what I was thinking. And why there aren't more companies springing up, but.... You would need to be licensed by the ATF. I'm guessing they aren't giving out those licenses willy nilly. Also heard they cant produce primers fast enough to keep up with demand.

Brass is also on trhe rise for price and the scrap yards are paying top dollar for copper and brass.

Yep if you think you will start a ammo company you better do your homework because that is not an easy task and even if you do get the permit/license from the ATF you would never be able to afford the liability insurance to operate.

Problem with panic buy is all the people that are paying for it now just help fuel the flames.. even if your not buying with a panic in mind your bending to the manufactures and retailers wants each time you shell out the money for a gun or a box of ammo.

They can't make 22 shells fast enough. Try FF and look for cci's

Harvey there is a difference between buying a good deal and a buy at a super inflated price and people are doing it,and its like certain guns they were $300-$400 new a year ago and now they get $900 or more for them the quality sure hasn't been inproved I know that for a fact.

Crazy, just crazy

Heck, I am not in any panic to buy shells. I cant find a simple box of .22 for the kids to plink with when we run up to my parents next weekend...

Walmart here is limiting people to a max of 3 boxes of shells each.

PM me your address and I will ship you a box for the kids, on me. Can they use long or long rifle? I do not know if I have any or how many shorts.

I would love to help the kids out with 50 rounds.

No worries Tom. Thanks for the thought though.

I'll find some. I am not too concerned. Just need to swing in a few places tomorrow, or make a few phone calls as well.

If I dont find any, well, we will just have to fire the 17 HMR a bunch more. Those shells I have found without too much problem.

Here is my question on the .223. I have a friend that works for a very large manufacturer of ammunition in Minnesota. They are in the process of filling orders for the federal government, I understand the department of homeland security, and the department of the treasury getting ammo, but how about the big pallets of hollow point .223 being sent to the department of education? WHY? No guards for the schools but they order mass quantities of hollow point? Pretty sure they don't

"train" with hollow point. I have a feeling I figured out where the mass hysteria was started!

I like to always feel these proposals or bills would have no chance of passing but I am more concerned every day they just may.

They'll keep throwing them out there until they get something to pass. Then the next nut job will kill a bunch of people and they'll start all over with the "we didn't go far enough."

H Pretty sure they don't

"train" with hollow point. I have a feeling I figured out where the mass hysteria was started!

The .223 hollow point bullets I've seen are intended for match/target ammunition. Not to say there aren't/couldn't be others for hunting/varmint use but, frankly, there isn't really much need if your implication use against humans. The FMJ stuff like standard M193 ball fragments violently within the size of a human body. See below.

Some more fuel to the "hysteria" fire. This has absolutely no chance of passing but more proposals from more idiots are coming.

http://www.redstate.com/briansikma/2013/02/15/democrats-see-to-ban-hunting-ammunition-in-wisconsin/

the problem is, the more they put out there the better the chance for one to sneek through. wich might be part of their plan.