• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Kettlebells

WalleyeDrifter

Wondering if anyone is incorporating kettlebells into their routine? I saw there was another topic regarding core strengh. Kettlebells can be a great way to strenghen the core muscles. My wife and I started a kettlebell program in October and both enjoy it. It seems to be much easier on the joints than traditional weight training. I'm 57 yrs old and don't want my training program to leave me with joint pain. Any other kettlebellers out there?

Our Gym has one of the top rated kettlebell instructors in the state and she has several classes during the day in addition to her personal training sessions. 90% of her class is women with very few guys doing kettlebells but I see where there is some benefit to training with them if done with the proper form and instruction.

I tried them with a group of guys at work for a short time. I hated them. The one I tried was way too heavy. It is all about technique and my partners were terrible teachers. After a few sessions the top of my wrists and forearms were bruised up and very sore and I have not touched one since. I do think that with the proper technique and correct weights they would be a nice boost to your workout.

I tried them with a group of guys at work for a short time. I hated them. The one I tried was way too heavy. It is all about technique and my partners were terrible teachers. After a few sessions the top of my wrists and forearms were bruised up and very sore and I have not touched one since. I do think that with the proper technique and correct weights they would be a nice boost to your workout.

I'm a HUGE fan of a lot of the whole body movements that incorporate kettlebells. As with everything the right weight and good technique are very important, I am not the best example either, but I sure do enjoy them.

In a lot of gyms you can't even touch the kettleballs without the proper instructor being there to show you the correct form.

Anytime you are lifting weights form is key, add in the dynamic movements you do with the kettleball weights and form is even more important. If you just pick them up and start swinging them around without really knowing what you are doing it could lead to injury pretty easily.