• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Strikemaster Customer Service

gonehunting

Just wanted everyone to know about my experience with Strikemaster Customer Service. About a month ago I had to take my 1.5 year Strikemaster Lazer Pro into the shop only to find out I needed a carb kit. It upset me because I am very particulare when it comes to my small engine maintenance. I had used premium fuel and fuel stabilizer. I had also followed the Strikemaster manual and drained my fuel and ran it dry for summer storage. In short I made a copy of my repair bill and highlighted the service manual and sent it into the Strikemaster Warranty Department to see what would happen since there is a 2 year warranty on the Solo motor. I also sent a copy of my original purchase receipt. Low and behold in the mail today was a check for the full amount of the repair from Solo motor company. I was really concerned when Strikemaster was sold because I figured things wouldn't hold up on the customer service end. I was very happy with the results. Just to note I also had taken it to a certified Strikemaster repair center in Fargo.

My question would be... .why in the world would an "Authorized Strikemaster Repair Center" charge you anything in the first place for repair work that would be covered "under the two year SOLO engine warranty" ???

To me that seems like the shop is just passing the buck around and forcing the customer to deal with reimbursement on a warranty issue.

At least you got your reimbursement.. but I bet there are others that were not as successful as you and just ate it on this type of thing.

That might be true. The Solo motor warranty manual clearly stated that carb adjustments were not covered under the warranty. There was no other issues than the need for the carb kit. The technician stated that the diaphragm had dried and warped. I was upset because storing without fuel in it was a probable cause but that is what the manual stated. I have since gone to non-oxygenated fuel(no ethanol, better than premium). Not sure why they covered it but they didn't. Two thumbs up. Hope others are as successful.

On a different note, but same topic....

Drove by the Strike Master building in Big Lake, and the sign was down. Did they relocate, being "Rapala" family now?

River-rat4

They are in ther Metro now.

I took my Solo there for a few things and all was repaired with no charge. Yes, they are still as awesome as always with thier CS.

10395 yellow circle drive

Minnetonka, Mn 55343

1-877-572-7278, hard to find thier number as It is not on thier Contact US on thier HSOforum.

Thanks, Harvey Lee.

Where in the Metro? I am in Cambridge, but travel the State for service calls. Always have good things to say about Strike Master, going on 10+ on my Lazer Mag 8"...

Oops, see you added the addy an fone, thanks.

River-Rat4

The technician stated that the diaphragm had dried and warped. I was upset because storing without fuel in it was a probable cause but that is what the manual stated.

I stored it dry once years ago and when preparing for a season, the carb leaked. The next day, after gasket swelled back to normal, the leak stopped. I never store it dry any longer for that reason. I start it a couple times during the summer and haven't had any issues.

I don't know the name of it but there is still a place two doors down from where they were in Big Lake that does service for them. They have a Strikemaster sign up now. Or you could also go to D Rock in New Brighton off old 8 for service.

For engine work, I believe one would have to go to H2 or D-Rock. I know they do work on the cutting blades or the pitch if it is off in the Minnetonka office.

I would call and see what they all offer for service at the main MInnetonka office before I drove there.

if you need any parts for a older strikemaster d-rock can get almost any parts and shipped to your door less then 3 days.I just go a new clutch for one that is 16 years old.Very helpful they even explained what tools to use and how to put it back together.