• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2013 Season predictions

Scott K

Normally this time of year, I am filled with excitement to start off a new season. Filling my plans, and sometimes hopes to go down to another spring training game. But, a couple years ago, my excitement left the Twins (about the same time they got the new stadium) and it hasnt returned. Usually I am hyped about the winter meetings, and have high hopes for them at the beginning of each season. I never even followed the winter meetings, and just skimmed the headlined of new acquisitions.

Well, for the 3rd, or 4th year in a row, I am coming in to the season, with not much hope for this club. I feel we made a step or 2 backwards this offseason, and we will add a few more losses to get over the century mark again.

My prediction this year 105 losses. I hope I am wrong, and they suck me in, and I become the wagon fan this year. I doubt it though. I forsee a long disappointing season. Oh well, there is always next year. The motto of the MN sports teams

I feel your pain 4. I have consistently watched 100+ games a year for as long as I can remember, and believe it or not, I still watched that many last year, but it broke me a bit. I think I am as far from "fair weather" as a fan can get considering we haven't played competitive playoff ball for over two decades (3 and outs against NY since '91 don't count as far as I'm concerned). I try to read Twins news and get some excitement going, but I'm just not feeling the "buzz" like I did in year's past. That said, I'm making my first ever trip to FL in March and will watch them take on the Red Sox and perhaps take in one more game while I'm there. Maybe seeing them in the Florida sun will rejuvenate my love. I hope so...their slugging percentage sure isn't cutting it...

Now for the prediction, believe it or not, I think we fare quite a bit better this year. I'm going to say, and I'll be massacred for this, they go 79-83. We actually did upgrade our pitching without losing much in offense (not that we had much to lose). If Morneau is really healthy, if Mauer keeps getting on base for Willingham, if Plouffe's power wasn't a fluke, if Doumit impresses again, and we get help from some young guys that need to step up (Parmalee, Hicks when he's up), then we can put up at least the O numbers of last year or better with better pitching (I think Diamond and four ladies in their 80s could have been better that our rotation last year). Yeah, I'm drinking the kool-aid, but I think we will see improvement this year.

I will watch quite a few games again this year, even though it's going to be another painfull season to watch. At least they did get a little more depth on the mound for the year. I realy do hope thing turn around soon, just need a owner thats not afraid to open the wallet and spend a little. My prediction is 70-92 for the season.

I call it addition by subtraction...we no longer have Big Spot Scott to mess things up by thinking he can blow it past hitters after the 6th inning...No sinker ball because he isn't tired enough Blackie probably won't make the staff...Although he was a vet leader, Pavano won't be back and Matt Capps won't mess up the bullpen anymore.

The infield might not look too good around 2nd base, but Nishi is

gone...that helps. Our sub-200 hitting one position back up

catcher is more then likely gone too. The bench appears to

be more versatile. Alexi Gone. Butera Gone. Danny V Gone.

New faces coaching.

We just might surprise some. It's spring soon. Everybody looks like a WS winner in spring training.

I'm expecting another year similar to the past couple seasons, but maybe slightly better to the point where 90 losses rather than 100 is what they hope to avoid.

One prediction that I hope I'm wrong on is that fans will discover that Diamond isn't quite as strong the pitcher that many think he is.

I figure we end up close or just under 500. Starting pitching is improved (not saying much), the bullpen should be fine again. It really boils down to the M and M staying heathy and if the young guys can step up. I would love to see Dozier and Hicks show up this spring looking good. Hicks being ready for center field would be huge. Dozier spent quite a bit of time this winter playing 2nd base...maybe he can focus on his offense if he isn't sweating his defense. Probably a bit optimistic, but thats how I roll. I will watch or listen to as many games as possible...

Wow, spring training is still weeks away and we're already looking fwd to next year? Must be really depressing to have such little faith. frown

Me? I'm looking fwd to everyone being healthy with lots of pressure on those who make the club by those waiting in the wings to take over and prove something. I'm looking at game 163 again and a very exciting stretch run. smile Can't wait to be back in the stands on opening day!

Wow, spring training is still weeks away and we're already looking fwd to next year? Must be really depressing to have such little faith. frown

Well not exactly weeks away. Pitchers and catchers report Tuesday.

I think we end up 75-87. I will watch to see the prospects and hope for 2014-15.

Not to change the thread but the Moondogs in town keep me at bay if the twins aren't doing so well. I predict a sub 500 performance from the twins and will be watching the dogs well into the playoffs again this year.

We won't be very fleet of foot, pitching is unknown what we really have, figure about the same as a year ago, can we count on willingham to deliver above and beyond again, as long as we're not talking about mauer or morneau getting injured in the world baseball classic something tells me we may win a little more this year with a healthy morneau and mauer, who gets the ball opening day, seems like the years we wonder we don't have a good year, seems the years when we're all set on opening day we have decent years. I'll go for a 82-82 season.

OK, I will be the optismistic one.

They WILL win 75-77 games and take 3rd in the division.

Detroit is still the class of the division, Cleveland will be better due to being coached by Francona.

Royals and us will be right around the same record.

Big surprise will be the Sox and hurting and come in last in the division with around 69 wins....hehe

Did I really say 82 wins oh boy, we get Verlander on opening day, that's the time to beat him before he's in the upper 90's of the summer heat. Morneau was the 2006 MVP, that's 7 years old now, I'm sticking with 82 wins but don't believe it either, if I put money down it would be 74 W's. Just get this feeling the Twins are teetering on disaster as well, we need full health for sure.

Pretty quiet Twins chatter, this spring compared to last got us on our hands here lol. Hard to think baseball with 16" of snow enroute for Monday ? And more later next week is the chirping. April 1st isn't mega far away. 18 days until the lumber clobbers Verlander ! At least Vance Worley and his 5.6 era in spring facing plenty of minor leaguers looks promising ! He's saving his good stuff for the season, I actually believe that some. Who gets the white ball on opening day ? I'll predict with low vegas odds Brad Radke or Eric Milton.

Vegas has them at 67 1/2. I see 67 already spoken for so I'll grab 66 wins and won't be surprised to see them take another serious run at a hun.

Funny....for a second there I thought you were talking about 100 WINS. Then I realized what we were talking about. smile