• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Winter Project

delmuts

did you use Blue Wonder gun cleaner? I have used that before on a couple spots on my 870 due to the rainy deer seasons in Iowa the past few years.....I also cleaned up my Brother in laws putter over xmas, he didn't know he was supposed to oil it every month to keep the rust off of it. It still hasn't helped his ability to consistently leave every putt short though......

I used Van's instant gun blue. It took alot of coats, since i didn't have a way to warm the metal before putting it on( which is recomended).( thought i was better off leaving the Mrs. hair drier ALONE!!! grin) I then gave both a light coat of clear poly. Hopefully this will help prevent them from rusting.( the putter got 2!)

Not certain how old the putter is.( bought it on "E" last year,but guessing 5-6)I have a new port two platinum(also bought used) but at times the glare was terrible! I thought about sending mine in, but the cost held me back! I have approx. $20 invested and my time.

The rifle is mine, and 40+ years old. With the scope it is still very accurate, and will get handed down to my son someday. Both turn out very well i think!