• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Market Price For Ammo?

What would you/have you paid for ammo lately if you could get your hands on it? I've got some extra I'm thinking about selling. I'd like to know if it's worth my while to trot it out at my local trade show.

I'm looking specifically for info on:

-9mm

-40 cal

All FMJ.

"If you could get your hands on it"

I have had zero issues getting any type ammo. I now have more .223 rounds than I could ever shot in my lifetime.

Few months ago I also picked up 500 rounds of .40 for a pistol.

Is there an issue getting ammo, sorry but I did not realize there was an issue.

I could see prices rising if these new dumb gun proposals go through to new laws.

Quote:
Is there an issue getting ammo, sorry but I did not realize there was an issue.

Have you been out of the house lately Harvey or looked online?

Cabelas in Rogers, the shelves are stripped of the most common calibers. .22 shells, good luck finding them at the major retailers and even online.

Sure a store here and there will have them, but they are not in bulk supply at every retailer like they normally are.

I get out of the house yes, I have purchased so much in the past year, I have not looked at the prices for months.

I would have to go and look for a flyer I just recieved with ammo on sale and they had all kinds of 22 ammo. boxes of 50 and the bulk ammo cans full. They also offered 223 and 9mm and 40 cal ammo.

I was at Mills the other day and walk through thier ammo dept and that seemed to be stocked fairly well. Sure could one or two brands of a certain caliber be out, maybe but they still had ammo in those calibers.

The local store in the town I live in has the same stock in shells they always have offered.

I am sure there are shortages in some of the larger stores due to panic but one can still find ammo.

I saw this coming a year ago and really stocked up incase of a price increase. The .223 shelss were short a few years back as the military uses like shells.

I bought I believe 1000 rounds of 223 a year ago in the fall and some were fmj and some were hp. They were all on sale at that time.

Due to the fact I do not need any ammo unless the price is very good, I may not be as up on the prices or a shortage as those now shopping for ammo.

I was in a Running's store later today and they had quite a good inventory of ammo but no 22 shells other than bird shot. He said no matter what they order and put on the shells, people buy it all right away.

I guess one cannot stock the shelves for panic sales.

I did get a pretty good price on 5 boxes or 250 rounds of .17 HMR ammo.

I wont pay more than $13 for a box of 9mm. Bought a bunch at $10 last fall. Almost everything is completely out around here, except maybe at gander, because their prices are so bad. But if a person checks regularly locally an online, there are still deals to be had.

Store fliers aren't dependable to go by because they are typically printed 1-2 months before they are sent out. This is especially true for ammo with this upside down market.

Not much left but scraps and oddball stuff from what I've seen. Shelves are pretty sad looking. I was at Scheels, Runnings, Gander a couple of weeks ago and selection and supply was lacking to say the least.