• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Which Depthfinder?

mnhunter2

If you do a search on this web page you will have enough reading info to fill war and peace thick book. But honestly, all the major companies make a great unit. Look at what each of the units has as far as bells and whistles, find the one that best suits you, and get it.

For me personally, if I were getting a new one right now.. I might choose the LX6

Like always, this is going to come down to your preference. It's going to be a Chevy v. Ford debate. As you can tell by my name, I'm a MarCum guy. I've owned my Lx7 since it's release and have loved it ever since. It's going to take a little getting used to but once that's over with, you'll love it. Customizability with the 7 is great. Being able to change the display to you're liking is an awesome feature. With the new update, you'll be able to really fine tune your unit. You won't be disappointed with the 7.

Budget

Features

Location of headquarters- Vex by Shakopee and Marcum by New Hope/Crystal

Those are the three things I would say are most important. Each device will help you find fish but won't help you catch them =)

Always have been a Vex guy, but as retail stores are starting to run season ending deals, a customer is able to find an LX-7 for similar if not exact prices as say an FL-22 HD. If you're going to pay the same/similar price for both units, why not go with the one with the most features. The LX-7 is obviously an LCD display, but what sets it apart is the screen size, different sonar formats, and also the ability to upgrade to the LX-9 by adding a camera at a later date. Best price I've seen is $599.99 on the LX-7.

Good luck on your decision wink

Started with a Vex FL-18, upgraded to the LX-5 and love it. been fishing with friends that have them all and I like the Marcums the most. I bet a guy could get a major deal on a LX-5 and they were the cats meow just a season or two ago.

Ditto! I still hae both those plus the ice45. Ben using the LX5 and the ice45. for the better half and I. the vex has ben collecting dust and waiting t be used as backup

I jut pulled the trigge on the X7. Got mine for 565.00. t is at home waiting for me. Can' wait t get my ads on it. Check and see i it has the 3.17 on it. If Not I will download it.

Then out the door I go, hoefully to put some fish on ice and into the fryer!