• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

DFI & 4 Stroke Favorite Outboard Motor Poll

marine_man

I would only vote for none on 2 strokes, so no vote, since I would not buy a 2 stroke at this time.

On 4 strokes I picked Merc because I want their new 150.

Other than that, I'd most likely take a Honda, Merc, or Yamaha interchanbeably. I look at Suzuki as a value brand similar to a Smokercraft vs Lund, Crestliner or Alumacraft.

I bought my Yamaha in 2004 and have many (+1600 hours) hours of trouble free ownership. It has been so good that it swayed me to buy a Yamaha snowmobile two seasons ago. That purchase has also been trouble free and I fully expected it to be. Yamaha builds stuff to last and to be very reliable....its just the way it is.

I bought my 2011 90hp E-tec two years ago this coming May and I have no complaints at all. Good fuel economy, excellent starter even on the first attempt in spring, quiet, plenty of power, smooth runner, just been a great machine for me.

I look at Suzuki as a value brand similar to a Smokercraft vs Lund, Crestliner or Alumacraft.
Not sure how you arived at "value brand" for suzuki because when I purchased my boat the suzuki was more expensive than any of the others and that includes Honda who has low tech in their outboards.

The ONLY other 4 stroke I would consider would be a Yamaha if I didnt have my Suzuki.

Its a phenomenal motor. You would see more of them if they had a bigger dealer network than they do.

There is only ONE 4 stroke motor company that gets the "Ultra Low Emissions" rating for every one of their 4 strokes and that is Suzuki.

My 150 trolls slower, is quieter and uses less fuel than my buddy's 90 Yamaha 4 stroke.

The dealer I bought from sells/services all the major brands. I talked to the mechanic about dependability of the motors and he told me "this will be the last time we see you with that Suzuki, they dont come back".

I have heard a few boat deals not to happy when customer request Suzuki motors for their boats. One even said I sell you that motor I'll NEVER SEE YOU AGAIN, they don't break down or wear out.

I have had 2 Suzuki outbroads, a 60hp on 680t ranger, and now a 90hp on my 690t ranger. I have run these motors up to and past 6200 rpm alot No issues.

I agree! Suzuki is not a value brand. if you had to pay for one I think you'd change your opinion on that. No complaints for me. Suzuki is quiet and smooth. My older optimax was LOUD, like a race car. And moved like one too. But, crappies don't like race cars, neither to lake shore property owners at 5am on a Saturday. Love suzuki!

Aside from my old (1950s-70s) motors, I've never owned anything but a new Suzuki 4-stroke. My only reference is that friends/co-workers consistently comment in amazement about how quiet and smooth my 90hp Suzuki runs. These are all guys who run Yamis and Mercs on their boats.

My only reference is that friends/co-workers consistently comment in amazement about how quiet and smooth my 90hp Suzuki runs. These are all guys who run Yamis and Mercs on their boats.
+100. I will never forget the first time I took my old man on a boat ride. I slowed to a troll and he says "something is wrong with your motor, it just shut off". I laughed as the only thing you could hear was the water coming out of the motor and splashing into the lake. I said, no, its running puuurrrrfect.