• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Making "stuff"

I know some FMer's have made their own "stuff" anything from blinds to decoys, to flags and such. Anyone want to share any of there great ideas so everyone on this site can benifit from there creativity???

MNwalleyehunter

Well, my younger brother and I have been known to make / improve some of our own equipment. After hunting fields quite a bit last year during the special goose seasons, we decided that having field blinds would be more comfortable than just laying in the dirt and putting a super mag. goose on our chests. But instead of dropping 200 bucks each, we just used some materials from the garage. With a broken metal chair, a frame from an old backpack, some assorted screws, and some camoflauge paint, we managed to make 2 really nice chairs that will be perfect for field hunting if we still put the goose shells over each of us to cover up. This is just one idea.....if you go to www.duckhunter.net and search the duck forums, you will find a mess of great ideas for field blinds, canoe stabilizers, boat blinds, etc....
sorry if the post got a little long...
S.A.

Sartell, Do you go over there alot? I almost live there. But I am comming over here more too. A little quieter and not so fast paced.

Anyway , MNwalleye, Sartell is right, you dont have to register too look. But go to Refuge forums and the check out the BOATS BLINDS AND GADGETS FORUM.

------------------
Lawn sprinklers save your grass...
Fire sprinklers save your A$$

I haven't tried this myself, but a friend said back in the 70's, his dad made two large plywood goose sillouettes[sp] that he would set up close together in the middle of his decoys. He sat between them, either on the ground or a short stool. I just might try it. I can't shoot worth a darn while sitting or lying on the ground. I haven't figured a good excuse for my other missed shots.