• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Preference level

surewood

Going into this application process my group had one preference point. We we're drawn and it said my preference point level was 2. That isn't right. Should be 0 preference level for next year. Did that happen to anyone else?

Well, at least that is a good thing.

I get drawn on average every other year on my own property.

I let my buddy hunt my property also and he gets drawn almost every year.

Frankly that kind of P's me off and shows me the system is not right.

oh well, not much one can do I guess!

When you check your results, it shows your preference level for the current drawing, not for next year. Anyone who has never applied or who was drawn the previous time gets a preference level of one. If you applied the last time and were not drawn, then your preference level would be two. If you didn't get drawn again, then next year it would be a three.

That's what I figured. If I remember right though last time I had two points and drew it noted that I was then at zero points. Which is the exact opposite of this drawing. Seems strange they would write it that way especially since I currently had one point going into the lottery. But the DNR wouldn't screw the lottery system up, right bear hunters. wink

Feathers, if you're drawn and don't purchase a license your preference level goes to zero. I'm almost sure of it. Cause you were drawn in the lottery and that's what recognizes the point system vs if it was purchased or not.

If you get drawn but don't purchase a license are your preference levels affected?

Yes they are affected. You have used your preference points to draw a tag. It doesn't matter if you purchase a license once you have been drawn. Your preference points get reset to the lowest priority.

Going into this application process my group had one preference point. We we're drawn and it said my preference point level was 2. That isn't right. Should be 0 preference level for next year. Did that happen to anyone else?

Your preference I think will be 1 once you apply next year. It reads 2 now,because that is your level at time of drawing. One ponit from last year,and now anouther for this year. You will be 0 after this season until you do put in for 2014,than it goes to 1.