• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Is this photo real!?!?

My buddy forwarded me this picture and asked me my thoughts. It looks real to me, I just have to believe its very veryy rare and THEN to get a great photo of it? Either way, it's kind of crazy to think about. Here is the writing attached to the picture:

Alaska... one in a billion photo

The photo was taken at the entrance to Katlian Bay at the end of the road in Sitka , Alaska ...The whale is coming up to scoop up a mouthful of herring ( the small fish seen at the surface around the kayak).

The kayaker is a local Sitka Dentist. He apparently didn't sustain any injuries from the terrifying experience.

The whale was just around the corner from the ferry terminal, and all the kayaker could think at that moment

in time was: "Paddle Man--really fast!"

The whale's mouth is fully open with the bottom half under the boat.

If the whale had closed his mouth before he furiously paddled away -

He might have been LUNCH!!!

Look at the picture again - He is in the whale’s MOUTH

full-30226-29875-kayak.jpg