• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"2012 Was Bad Year For Poachers In Minnesota"

jdime

Because they know it works and works well. These same people start every sentence off with I or Me or My. Selfish losers in my book, they're the same dudes that anchor right where you were after you boated a walleye, there the guys drilling holes as close as possible to where you're ice fishing at prime time, they're breaking tagging laws etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. They are truly some of the classless people in our state yet they present themselves as full of class until busted, bunch of bums that should lose their priviledges for life. Thank heavens we're smart enough in MN to realize that. Good heck great job CO's keep it up, keep flying those planes, keep at it ! Some 1st time hunter missed his or her chance at a huge buck because some bum arrowed it over bait or rifled it over bait, and likely didn't tag it, with the technology of today fair chase is losing it's grip some, baiting would end fair chase altogether. Thank you to the DNR for not treating "our" deer like livestock ! Time to make the gamehogs pay !

lol, my grandpa wouldn't even let me hunt farm #1 because the deer would come to his corn cribs, told him looks like a great place to hunt tomorrow on opener grandpa, watching several deer easily within shooting light and back then it was cold big time, he said in 1983 that's why your stand is at the other farm. I really think if they allow 600K of us to hunt deer over bait we're really in trouble, I mean the deer, and us to as it will become competitive. Technology and scopes on ML's and crossbows and longer seasons and I think we need to slow this freght train down some, we've likely all seen Ontario baited hunts, Texas baited hunts, etc. There's no calling, no scent trails, no nothing, just watch the c-mere deer in texas or alfalfa pile in Ontario, you are no longer required to hunt, you're waiting for the herd to come to slaughter then you take your pick. Couldn't even imagine, son, ok this is how we do it in Minnesota, dump that load 3 weeks before opener and hope for cold weather, turn your propane up to medium and. Some say well food plots are the same well if baiting is legal then they'll have a green food source in a plot plus the maximum amount of bait really punishing your odds. The topic means a lot to me after seeing the damage bowhunters can do over bait, like 20 for 20 in the 5 tag years with corn piles 20 yards from the standing stuff, just inside the wooded edge, the deer like it pre-shelled apparently, thank heavens these guys quit baiting and such their harvest has really tapered off. Kinda obvious when I walked to my rifle stand and empty 50 pound bags were blowing in the wind in there. Thinking back I wish I would've stuffed those empty bags in their mailboxes but with my luck I would've got caught carrying them out lol.

You got it Gordie, think of the thousands of pounds of fish and game illegally taken out of the state's woods and lakes and rivers every year, we'd have better resources. Children would have better chances, we all would have better odds, to our CO's get some sleep and go get em.

Baiting is pretty rampant near my hunting shack. I do more grouse hunting than anything else and it seems like every year I come across more and more permanent stands with corn piled near them the week before the deer opener on public land. Calls to tip in the past haven't seemed to result in changed behavior. This year I used my 20 gauge to dissaemble their stands and a sharpie to let them know why. I wonder if they will be back at it this year? I will be by to check either way.