• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Fishing Funny Pictures

mmk8283

Funny! That looks just like me a week ago (minus the auger) when I went out to get my dog out of my neighbors back yard and ended up going airborn and landing on a nice soft bed of solid frozen ice in my backyard! Not funny then, but looking at this picture funny now. wink

A couple of years ago I was on Mille Lacs and the winds were gusting to 30 mph, the wind blew my portable around and the front came up, as I stood up to catch it the sled slid and I went down like a ton of bricks on my behind. Can you say "I've fallen and can't get up"

full-22884-30032-iceflop.jpg

I had something similar happen to me last year Lamb. It was super windy and my sled was actually moving on my as there was no snow. I went to scoot up and the whole thing moved back...into my lantern! Now a I have nice blue patch on my black frabil 1 man grin

I as well wish I had video of this. But about a month ago I was out on Tonka with some buddies. You may remember this Saturday, it was warm and breezy in the morning and then the temp dropped to sub zero and the wind started blowing 20-25 knots steady. Well Tonka was like an ice rink that day. We were sitting in two flip ups and a six man hub in the middle of a small shanty town on a crappie hole.

Well I had to step out of my house to relieve myself after the wind started to really blow. I was standing next to my truck and on the other side of my truck I saw a small skid house passing by. I thought someone was moving there house with a 4 wheeler. Well no one was pulling it, the wind was pushing it across the ice. I was yelling at my buddies to come and see this when I then saw a much larger one flying across the lake too. Then I saw a large wheel house flying across the lake tongue in the air. We had positioned our vehicles to block the wind so the wind was not too bad for us and the fish were biting, but then one of buddies said "what if one of the houses behind us lets loose and hits your truck?" I thought about that for a about a second and ten minutes later we were driving off of the ice.