• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

zipper help

mrpike1973

hi got a eskimo 949i. one zipper is hard to open returned it to store got another one. same issue tried chapstick and beeswax, silicone still hard. called eskimo i can send it back but have to wait several weeks for them to fix it any thoughts on how to fix zipper.

If the silicone didn't work this may not either, but while growing up my father taught me to use a pencil and rub the lead vigorously up and down the teeth of the zipper on coats and leg zippers of my clothing to make them easier to zip, something in the carbon dust acted as a dry lube. The dust turned everthing black until it wore away but worked great at the time and I still use it, in fact you used to be able to buy it in a can, similar to a 3 in 1 oil can and apply it that way.

When you set it up instead of pulling the corners tight and putting the ice anchors in try to relive alittle pressure by pushing in slightly on the corners before you anchor it down. Might even want to try anchoring with the tabs on the inside.

^^^ This...