• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jordan or LeBron?

DrJuice1980

I think the Jordan/Kobe debate is beat to death and the generations that have seen both in their prime would not even see the argument. It's obviously Jordan, no doubt. I'm really interested in what the younger generations think about Jordan/LeBron. LeBron just went 13-14 tonight, which is very very impressive. ESPN flashed a chart up with the best FG % of all time and LeBron was on top and right below him were who you'd expect to see Bird, Magic, Kobe all with mid to low teen numbers with only 1 or 2 misses. And then there was Jordan at the bottom of the list with a 24 for 29 effort. By far the most impressive. Will there ever be a close second? Could LeBron have a feasible shot at the greatest ever? In my mind, no chance but I'd like to here your thoughts. List your age if you'd like. Me:32 yrs old.

I am sure there are going to be many with there opinions on who they think is the greatest, please share and why. Don't just type "pistol Pete." Validate it.

I wish I could have seen Jordan during his prime. I am 22, and never really got to see Jordan play before his first retirement. I've seen numerous highlight videos and what not, but it's no comparison to watching full seasons of him.

From almost everyone I've heard that has watched both of them play throughout their careers, they believe Jordan is the greatest. Whether that's just because he came along before Lebron, and to them he will always be the greatest no matter what, I don't know.

What Lebron has been doing is pretty dam good though. To me he's gotta be putting his name in the conversation with Jordan. Not only statistically, but how he can lock down opposing teams best players on the defensive end, how unselfish he can be with the basketball, how he has been wanting the ball and thriving in 4 quarters lately. If he can win a few more rings I think he'll put himself in the conversation. IMO Jordan will always be the gold standard to everyone in basketball no matter what Lebron does.

Jordan. See end of big playoff games. James can't handle the pressure and Jordan thrived under it. Big time players make big time plays in big time games. Jordan was cold blooded.

36 years old and watched Jordan from the beginning.

took lebron half an all-star team to get a ring, micheal made his guys all-stars. ask portland how great scotty pippen was without jordan. lebron has at least 2" and 65lbs on jordan, and still has trouble tking over games. with that size the jordan would have had bill russel type rings. and this is from a bird guy.

Jordan had a killer instinct about him and took every game pretty serious...the dude could just ball. Jordan when there was blood in the water it was all over he was going to win. Lebron has already lost in the finals something Jordan never did. Granted it took Jordan a bit to get to the finals once he was there he won and continued to get there and win. Just think of the teams and players Jordan was playing against in the east compared to the teams Lebron plays against...Jordan had to go against Bird and the Celtics, Isaiah and the bad boys of Detroit, New York with Oakley and Ewing, Reggie and the Pacers...Lebron has what Paul Pierce and the Celtics?

Jordan had a killer instinct about him and took every game pretty serious...the dude could just ball. Jordan when there was blood in the water it was all over he was going to win. Lebron has already lost in the finals something Jordan never did. Granted it took Jordan a bit to get to the finals once he was there he won and continued to get there and win. Just think of the teams and players Jordan was playing against in the east compared to the teams Lebron plays against...Jordan had to go against Bird and the Celtics, Isaiah and the bad boys of Detroit, New York with Oakley and Ewing, Reggie and the Pacers...Lebron has what Paul Pierce and the Celtics?

great point! people also forget how good the Cavs were and even the Hawks.

"Like Mike, I wanna be like Mike" Jordan had his own McDonald's BBQ sauce not to mention people got beat up and had their Jordan shoes stolen.

I was a teen in the early 90's and Michael Jordan was the reason the NBA exploded in popularity. It was good with Bird, Magic, Thomas, but when Jordan showed up the NBA became great.

I'm old (39) so I'm bias as I watched Jordan as a teen. (Hijack) I also love Magic's game. I was ticked when he had HIV and couldn't play anymore. He played in that all star game and was the MVP I think. He hit the last shot. His shoot from the hip 3.

Jordan! To me it's not even close! I never liked him, and I hated chicago! But Lebron, although a great player, doesn't compare. Jordan is one of the best clutch players of all time...Lebron is basically the complete opposite. Jordan was also a much more reliable free throw shooter. And Jordan was a better defensive player...lead the league in steals several times I believe.

As was already mentioned, the NBA was a much more physical game when Jordan played too. Back in the 80's you could really lay into a guy going for a dunk in the paint...now if Lebron gets glanced with a pinky finger it's a flagrant foul whistle Once upon a time, referees used to call traveling too. Ever see some of Lebron's moves? He's taking 3 and 4 steps all the time (that's pretty much allowed all over the NBA).

If I had to pick 1 player to build a team around, I wouldn't even pick Lebron. I would probably want to build around Kevin Durant. He is a great clutch shooter also. And I also believe Kobe is a better player than Lebron too. But hey, Kobe or Jordan never won any championships without Phil Jackson eek So maybe if you threw Lebron with him, he would have more rings than fingers.

Yeah as much as I like Kevin Durant if I were to pick a current player to start a team it would be Lebron. He just has the best all round game in the NBA right now...

Carmelo??? Seriously???????? What has he done other that shoot the ball in his career? I don't think I would pick him in the top 5!!!

1. lebron,2. kd,3. D Rose,4. CP3, as much as I hate him 5. D Howard would round out my top 5 picks with Blake Griffin not far off that list...

That's the problem picking then and now, then no cell phones,no internet, etc. Now we get the good bad and ugly. I'd take Jordan because I think the league cared a bit more then, these guys are too buddy like at times, I think I just miss that era where athletics were a bit more pure, rarely heard the word steroids, etc. we just get bombarded with everything today. Players are machines specializing in their sport today, wasn't quite as much back then, heck Jordan clubbed the baseball even. lol tried to.

the playing style has changed since Jordan played too. When MJ played, they let a lot touch fouls go uncalled whereas today if Lebron goes to the basket it's automatically a foul. The NBA officials baby the stars now

...the touch fouls weren't called when jordan was playing defense; however, I always felt bad for the guy who guarded him because if the guy so much as looked at michael wrong, there was going to be a foul called. that being said, I'd still vote for jordan based on his success in the playoffs. I do think the nba is about the worst sport as far as giving breaks to certain teams and players but it is what it is.