• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

please sign petition and vote no on this, please share this in any way you can.

Bulldoggr

im neither a gun owner or hunter...

1. what is defined as an assult weapon and...

2. at what count is a loaded magazine deemed to much or unnecessary ammo? 5, 10, 15, 20, 50?

isn't 2 bullets loaded at once enough for hunting, miss first shot and get a second, after that game deserves to get away and hunter needs to reload? ....or for conceal & carry (self defense)a 6 chamber revolver or 5-6 round magazine clip plenty?

just curious and want to be informed and knowledgeable

1. what is defined as an assult weapon and...

2. at what count is a loaded magazine deemed to much or unnecessary ammo? 5, 10, 15, 20, 50?

1. Fully automatic.

2. If you ask this question to 50 different people you'll get 50 different answers. The first miss, second hit makes sense.....but what aboot the coyote hunters out there taking a shot at a running yote? Or, goose hunters out there with a flock of 15 coming in and they want to get 3 of em. There's also sporting/target shooters that like bigger mags so they're not constantly re-loading. Or I hit the pheasant with my 3rd shot and it's a cripple that I can drop with a 4th. 2 dudes breaking into my bedroom in the middle of the night and the first couple shots are panic shots, 3rd hits one methed out fella and he keeps coming so I unload the other 3 into him.....the other dude remains and I'm out of bullets. The scenarios of mag size are many. Myself, I don't want a limit on mag size. I don't see where restricing mag size will reduce violence.

with all due respect to all gun owners out there magazine size is where i completely disagree. if u have conceal to carry or just have a gun in the house for your own safety & someone breaks in and you miss on the first few shots, thats your problem, dont miss or learn to reload faster. for someone shooting clays, gee alou if ur too lazy to stop and add a magazine, maybe u need to find a different sport as with any hunting sports, if u cant take down your prey in 5-6 shots then reload magazines, id say you need to practice alot more, deal with loading magazines more, or give up.

and NOTHING completely automatic is needed for personal safety or hunting IMO

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

with all due respect to all gun owners out there magazine size is where i completely disagree. if u just have a gun in the house for your own safety & someone breaks in and you miss on the first few shots, thats your problem
No kidding, it really would be if things went your way...

I would rather the extra rounds so it's the person or people who broke in who had the problem...not me smile

OK, let's stay on topic now. If you want to discuss Gun Control please go to the Outdoor Discussion Forum. A couple topics already going there.

with all due respect to all gun owners out there magazine size is where i completely disagree. if u have conceal to carry or just have a gun in the house for your own safety & someone breaks in and you miss on the first few shots, thats your problem, dont miss or learn to reload faster. for someone shooting clays, gee alou if ur too lazy to stop and add a magazine, maybe u need to find a different sport as with any hunting sports, if u cant take down your prey in 5-6 shots then reload magazines, id say you need to practice alot more, deal with loading magazines more, or give up.

You seriously MUST be trolling for some banter with this???

I won't bite the hook on this trolling effort. (not on a personal level anyways)

But I will speak to the issue.

This has more to do with misplaced regulation, and infringement on rights.

If you want to effectively do SOMETHING about gun violence then move for swifter and stronger punishments on gun crimes.

These regulations will only effect those good law abiding citizens, they will have zero effect on the criminal masses.

Other than making the criminal more powerful and more effective in their efforts to rob, assault and murder good innocent people.

I should have done a better job splainin things. As it stands right now, Assult rifle is fully automatic. Current legislation that has been introduced has changed the definition of an Assult Rifle to a whole lot of other rifles.

Self defense tactics when using a firearm is always double tap. In otherwords if You come into my home unvited, unwelcomed you can expect two pieces of lead coming at you. if you have a partner in crime he will get a follow up of 2 pieces of lead. Unless it is he shotgun I am using. It doesn't matter it is an infringement on our rights. Go after the criminal, don't make the law abidding citizen a criminal.Enforce the laws we have.Maybe bring back capital punishment.

My question is this, If a person commits a crime and kills or hurts someone no mater how many rounds they used or capacity of the Magazine. Is it the animate object that is guilty?

You can get 50 round magazines for an AR15, I would never own one. I would never personally fire 50 rounds one right after the other until the magazine was empty. I would be to worried about cooking the barrel.

At the same time I don't believe a law should be passed at making it illegal.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Thanks honkerdown.

On a side note Let's keep this to the petition. If you want to discuss Gun Control Please go to the Outdoor Discussion Forum - Click Here.

If you have off topic questions please use the Contact Us link.

Thank you.

PS...please post positives only "on topic towards the petition" to keep this baby towards the top.

+ 1000 eric!!! and to amateurfishing, have you ever tried to shoot with your heart pounding and a million other things on your mind? ive actually done training exercises where you shoot normal and then get your heart rate up and shoot and the differene is night and day!