• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Clam Denali 2 person Thermal Cap

Borch

I picked up this house looking for a lot of fishing space without having to have room for a really big house. I wanted to stay with an insulated flip over sled style. Well I've been out of the ice several times with the Denali 2 person dual flip house and thought I'd share a few thoughts about how it's been working out for me so far.

There's plenty of fishing space for each person with the two people sitting side by side but fishing back to back. My first thought was how to effectively heat this house. Two options went through my head with a big buddy on one end with a computer fan to circulate the air or to run two separate buddy heaters with one on each side. I went with the two buddy heater route with a propane tank splitter and two hoses. I've fished in it down to 15 below zero and have been very comfortable in a sweat shirt. With the thermal cap and adjustable vents there's no dripping.

It takes a little practice to get the house folded and unfolded as you're dealing with two flips. The nice thing is that when it's folded up it will fit in any short box truck with ease. It loads easy as long as you don't load it too full of gear. I have mine rigged with led lights and power by a 8 amp battery in a Clam battery bag and bracket mounted to the tub. The Outdoor Pro Store firebrite led lights make things bright.

It's not a tall house but not too short either. I'm 6 foot and can't stand up straight in the house and I'd guess it's about 5 1/2 feet tall. The two doors are big enough for me to get in and out of it. it also has two tables with a beverage holder for storing your stuff. If you're used to storing stuff in 5 gallon buckets there's room for one or two in the tub with the seats/tables in place. Lots of room underneath for shorter stuff.

I'm always looking for ideas for tweaking out the portable house. Anyone else have one with some suggestions modifications? I would be eager to hear them.