• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Summer trip

what do you want to catch? during that time your best bet for fish in the river are rainbows and sockeye salmon. rainbow fishing opens up june 13th i believe. the king run is not doing so hot lately. the past few years have been pretty slow down there on the kenai. James McCormick

Guide: James McCormick

Email: [email protected]

I know him very well and I do not think he is guiding any more. he gave all his clients to his son but you can use this number to contact him about how to contact his son. They guide for all species on the river and they might even do a half day for rainbows and then other half fish for something else. they have been fishing that river for many many years and jim has been on many tv shows like Hunt for Big Fish and The One and also that one with larry zonka or how you spell his name. here is a link to the type of quality rainbows you can expect to catch

that is jim with the net for ocean fishing if you going to be down by the kenai just drive another few hours and go to homer. there are lots of halibut charters down there that will get you on fish.

June/July is pretty vague...especially for timing salmon runs. Any more specific timeframe? What kind of fish do you want to target...reds? kings?

A couple good guides I've fished with are Mark Glassmaker and Fenton Brothers, both on the lower Kenai for kings.