• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Golden-Doodle question...

Meat-Run

Nice looking dog.

The one thing about a breed like the doodles is that it takes a lot of generations of breeding to dial in the traits you want in a dog. There may be a cluster of dogs that have been bred to be fairly stable and consistent in demeanor and conformation but They may be very limited. Then when demand exceeds supply other breeders step in and breed dogs without that refinement and the result is a diverse strain with a wide range of traits.

That thing is going to suck up cockleburs like a black hole gobbling up a galaxy of planets.

Make sure you have a stout comb and scissors on hand at all times in the field!!!

Other than that, cute bugger! I bet it's going to be a fun dog to watch grow.

Good luck smile

Very nice dog!

My sister got a golden doodle last august. It looks a lot like your pup. It also has a great demeanor. I am tryng to convince my 11 yr old nephew that we need to train her for pheasant hunting.

Their previous dog was a lab-r-doodle. It had it was a natural hunter and would chase phesants near their house. For whatever it is worth, I tried hunting with it without much success. But I have to admit that I do not know what I am doing as a trainer. My guess is that the dog had good potential, smart and a natural huntr, and could have been a decent hunting dog with better training.

Good luck with your dog.

What will be the first step in training your dog for hunting?

Maybe your buddy should have vacummed before your visit?

My sister's old dog shed but not excessively. I rarely noticed dog hair on my socks after a visit. It would definitely leave some hair on my truck seat. On the other hand, my buddy's cabin near hackensack is filthy with black lab hair. Hair on the floor, beds, couch... yu name it. Gets on all your stuff.

I wanna see a pic of the Vac. bag next year at this time. Spent 3 hours at a doodle house this week had more hair on my socks than I would have had in my own house with a choc. and 2 blacks....

Hello Todd,

Just wanted to get back to you regarding this question. We've owned Piper since Feb. 26th and I can count on one hand how many hairs/fur we've seen from her. Seriously, she doesn't shed much if at all that's a good thing but she loves snow, dirt, rocks, and anything that can get into her mouth...ugh but that's a puppy for yeah.

MR