• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
BigDogRob

how long should a 30# cylinder last?

I have two 30# cylinders in tandem hooked to my 8'x17'+4'v I have made 3 trips and used the house for 6 full days. On each of the 3 occasions I had to warm the house from well below freezing. We used the stove and oven on 3 of the days for cooking and the thermostat set about 70 for most of the days. I do not have my floor insulated either. I feel that it did a good job lasting 6 days on one tank. ($4.25/day) What do others get out of a tank of propane?

Depends on the heater. The furnace in my camper burns through a 30# in about 3.5 days. I can run my buddy heater heating the same camper, same temp inside and out on a 20 pounder for 6 days. There should be a formula to figure out how many BTU's and gas needed to run it. I am sure a heating guy can let you know.

I know it has a 20k btu furnace. I think that 6 days seems like a pretty good time for lasting for the size of the house. I was kinda worried when we had super winds on Red if I would need to bring a tank in and fill just to get through the weekend...(to be on the safe side)

It really will mater on how cold it is outside and wind and banking and BTU size of your house. I use to get about 5-6 weekend on 30#'s friday-sunday with my old Grand Lodge w/o insulted floor.

Yes I guess that banking was next to nothing the last 2 trips out. the holes were shrinking due to that also. I guess I didn't think about that too much. I did notice that with banking with snow and even in the high winds my furnace didn't kick on nearly as much as without the banking and 10 degrees or more warmer.

Had a 30 pounder last 1 day and 4 days heating my 11x17 low house. One trip the warmest is 0 and the next it's 50.

For the 8x20ft house a 30 pounder will last at least 2 days.

Used to hook a 100 pounder up to the 6.5x12 and non stop use would get about a week to two out of it.

Ice Castle 8x16 non insulated floor, just a pad , 30# lasted 48 hours, -11 below with a little wind, 30,000 btu furnace, A lot of people going in and out the door accounted for a lot of heat loss im sure. Also seems like the colder it gets, the furnace quits and i have to switch over to the other tank, always in the middle of the night! Next morning i switch back to the 1st tank and away it goes! My other Ice Castle with a 18,000 btu furnace never done this!

i have a 7X17 we were at Red Lake Jan 24,25,26,27. I have 2- 30 lb tanks. I have a 20,000 btu furnace and a oven we used. We and about 3 hours on the tanks before we got there. When we left at 10;00 AM sunday both tanks were empty. It was Very Windy.