• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
bonehead99

empire heater problem

I have a 3 year old Empire wall mount direct vent in my perm. It is a skid house that doesn't get moved much. It was working fine friday night but quit on Saturday. The pilot lights but goes out when I release the gas valve knob. Tried a different tank, no help. The gas lights it the house work fine. Any thoughts?

Could be the thermocouple, could be dirt/corrosion in the line. I have an Empire wall heater that would constantly go out. i thought it was the thermocouple I asked the guy from the gas company to check it when he was installing a new water heater in my house and he said it was dirt. he blew it out and no problems since.

BTW, he didn't take anything apart to blow it out, just used compressed air in the nozzle where the flame comes out at the thermocouple. It would be easy for you try before changing out parts.

I have to wiggle the wire that goes to the thermocouple on mine.

I believe that furnace runs on a "Thermopile" set up rather than a "thermocouple". Take a piece of fine sandpaper and clean the residue off the "thermopile" and then try to relight your furnace. Go to Empire's web site and look up their maintance section. Should help you with your problem. Good Luck----------------

If the flame has gotten smaller over time so it isn't warming up the thermocouple, that is a likely cause. A cheap/easy fix as well.

If the flame has gotten smaller over time so it isn't warming up the thermocouple, that is a likely cause. A cheap/easy fix as well.

This also happened to me $25 part.

I do beleive the flame has gotten smaller. A light sand and some compressed air is what it will be. Thank you everyone.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Little late to the answers, but I switched over to NAP KILLZONE and could not be happier.  They are the cats meow.  I like them better than the Rage I was shooting before.  The pictures are from a doe I shot at 13 yards.  Needless to say she didn't go more than 30 yards before she piled up.
    • The whole reason behind getting a new bow is that my 17 year old son is now standing 6'3" and the little bear bow he has is too small for him.  He likes to bow hunt, but with sports and school activities he doesn't get out a ton, so i am going to crank down the poundage on my Elite and he wants to shoot that.  So Dad is in the market for a new bow.  I can't say a bad word about the Elite, its been a great bow for me.  I have always shot a double cam bow and was just looking for opinions about what other folks like.  Not sure if a solo cam will be smoother with the draw or not.  Soon as I have time, I want to get out and shoot some bows and see what I like.
    • Thanks MJ   It's nice for the picture and follow up video you catch a lot that gets missed after the picture.
    • i was just there on the 11th of Aug, yea i was way less then impressed with the cave. wont bother me none, but then again that wasthe first time in 5 years i've been in a cabelas.
    • Hello from the NW Angle!   Minnesota walleye fishing has been great using bottom bouncers and a night crawler. Anglers are being selective to fill limits with 16-18” fish as well as a few over 28 released. Most success has been in the mud, off of structure in 21-23 feet and 26-30 feet. The largest fish seem to come from South of Garden Island on crank-baits.   Canadian walleye are also most effectively targeted with bottom bouncers and spinners. Depth has not been as important as being at the bottom of a break line in the flat. Gold with chartreuse has been best as of late.  Musky activity has slowed from the prior weeks but expect it to ramp up with the full moon approaching. Perch have been schooled up on and around reefs topping out around 30 feet.   Water temps remain consistently in the low to mid 70’s.    Remember - fall is the time for trophy fish up at the NW Angle!   Until next week,   Sunset Lodge
    • It seems to be working😉
    • I've heard good things about the Browning's. 
    • Just curious- what about your old now is making you switch?   I've shot both and have no real concerns with either. Elite makes a nice bow and has several good options over the past few years. But... regardless of brand there are lots of good options out there. Shoot what feels good to you and hits where you're aiming. Totally generic,  but good advice IMO. 
    • I was surprised by that too Wanderer. I bought 2 of them about a month ago and am giving them a whirl. I've got 3 on bear baits right now. I'll have a feel for them in a couple weeks. 
    • I did not last year and I am not sure about this year.  I would sure like to.  New job and some new help at the hunt didnt allow me time to volunteer last year.  Hope this year is different.