Are there any resorts or B & B's overlooking the river? We've vacationed there the last couple years and always stayed at the Super 8 but my wife would like something close to the river this time.

Radison is right on the river, then there's Water's Edge in Stoddard, Cozy Cottages in Brice Prairie (Onalaska) to name a few.

Thanks Hookncook. I attempted to PM you but your message box is full. I assumed I'd hear from you by posting the inquiry.

Waters Edge looks very nice and quite reasonable.

Just read that a train comes by every 20 minutes and blows it's whistle. Guess I'd better keep looking.

Shutterbug,

That's one thing about the river from La Crosse all the way South (Stoddard, Genoa, etc). The train tracks run along the river the whole way, and are very busy. La Crosse and to the North (Onalaska, Brice Prairie, etc) won't have that issue.

Hookncook, thanks for the link.

Shutterbug,

That's one thing about the river from La Crosse all the way South (Stoddard, Genoa, etc). The train tracks run along the river the whole way, and are very busy. La Crosse and to the North (Onalaska, Brice Prairie, etc) won't have that issue.

That's good info to have. Thanks.