• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Honda gen. extend run gas tank

walleyewiz0212

I am having some issues with this working on my generator. I have the BERG system and when I hook up the generator, it dies because it doesn't get air. I have the air valve open on the gas tank but it won't get move gas over to the gen. The line is open. I can get gas coming out of the line when its not connected to the gen. Anybody have this problem with this?

My guess is you ARE getting air. When I saw the store bought extended run systems at a local dealer I thought they would get zillions of complaints because the system is very touchy. Any air leak anywhere will screw it up. Be sure all your hose clamps are very tight, they do take tweeking. If you have a bulb in it, that right there is an extra couple potential leaks. I run a bulb but constantly tighten the clamps and change the lines every year. My most consistant leak is right at the gas tank because it flexs and getts moved around a lot, check there first. If it slips, it leaks.

Make sure the axli. tank is higher than the generator,when the gen. tank starts to empty the axli. tank will siphen down to the gen. tank, air in the gen. tank will actually bubble back up thru the axli. hose and enter the axli. tank. You still have to open the air intake on the axli. tank. Be carefull disconnecting the two tanks, because the line to the gen. will continue to run gas out. Too solve this lower the axli. tank to the level of the gen.

If its tight and working right you don't have to keep the tank higher than the generator. Seems I have few air pockets till it runs quite a while but never had to raise the tank. I have my Honda 1000 and the tank mounted to a piece of plywood side by side with handles on the end so I can load and unload it easily if I want it out of the truck box. The more you move the hoses and, the more chances you'll have loose and leaking hoses.