• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Young Waterfowlers WANTED

I thought I would take a minute and inform all of you about a great waterfowl program that is open for Boys and Girls ages 12-16 that are interested is the sport of waterfowling. The program is put on by the MN Waterfowl *** .,U.S. Fish and Wildlfe, National Wildlife refuge and many other groups to get youth involved in waterfowling. The program consists of four nights of classes(Sept 9,11,16,18)they will learn duck ID,duck calling, shotgun safety, etc. One day at the Mpls gun club(Sept 13) and the Final day will be the Youth Hunt on Sept 20 in one of the Refuge of the Minnesota River bottoms. All they need is to have completed their Firearm Safety course. The costs is FREE. I have been a Mentor for ten years and look forward every year to seeing a new smile, the passion in the eyes of a new young waterfowl after a sucessfull hunt. If anyone has any Question you can e-mail me at [email protected] or give me a call at 612-221-7061

Thanks
Eric

P.S. The classes are from 6:30pm to 9:00pm and are held in Bloomington at the National Wildlife Refuge center on 34th Av.

[This message has been edited by Goldy (edited 08-23-2003).]

Eric,
Thanks for the post that sounds like a great program. I passed on the info to a lady at work for her 14 yr old that is just nuts after ducks. I think she gave you a call already and she has been excited for her son all morning.

Thanks allot.

Thanks bigdog I talked with her for at least fifteen minutes. It sounds like this program will be an excellent training tool for a fired up young waterfowler. Maybe with some luck or if I knew his or her name I could put in a good word and I would be lucky enough to be his mentor.

again thanks for passing this on to her and have a great safe hunting season.
Eric

P.S. The phone number is my work # but I carry it with me 24/7. So you did call the right number just leave a message and I will call you back.

Now with the early goose season started I thought I would bring this back. There are only a couple of days left before the young waterfowl program starts. Its not to late to sign up.

Thanks
Eric

Its time again this year to register for the Young Waterfowlers Program. This is an opportunity for all 12-16 year olds that have a interest in waterfowl hunting, the only req. is that they have successfully completed the firearms safety course. Dates this year are.

Classroom 9-7-2004 (6:30-9:00pm)
Introduction and expectations,Duck and Goose calling, Habitat, Waterfowl ID.

Classroom 9-9-2004 (6:30-900pm)
Gun Ballistics and safe gun handling,Shooting techniques, Waterfowl ID.

Field day at Mlps Gun club 9-11-2004
Boat and Blind Safety, Gun Handling, Trap Sooting, Retriever Demo and Decoy set-ups

Classroom 9-14-2004 (6:30-9:00pm)
Rules and Regs, Ethics,Waterfowl foods and Waterfowl ID.

Classroom 9-16-2004 (6:30-9:00pm)
Duck and Goose Calling, Cold weather hunting, Waterfowl ID and them a TEST.

THE HUNT will take place on 9-18-2004. This will be a guided hunt with an experienced mentor on the Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge. There are many great opportunities about this program. ITS FREE (all materials,shells, guns, etc are provided) , NO Competion(only people in the program hunt in these areas), The opportunity to learn from many well known people in the waterfowl community. The list goes on and on. If you have more questions feel free to E-mail me at [email protected] or call me at 612-221-7061.

Goldy.

P,S, space is limited to the first 30 youth. first come first serve.

My son who was 14 last year went to this waterfowlers program and he had a wonderful experience. He learned so much and now is an avid duck hunter. He talks about the program all the time and has many great memories plus pictures of his ducks and the goose he shot. I highly encourage this program. The mentors and instructors of the program were fabulous.

Goldy,

I put up your post at our gun club and think you will be getting a couple of calls. We have a membership meeting tomorrow night and I will be bringing up this great program to all who attend.

Bigdog

Check out the article in this weeks Outdoor News. We only have a couple spots left. Im heading for Canada in the morning so if you have a Young Waterfowler for this program call Terry S. at 952-858-0705

Goldy.

It's getting to be that time of the year again. Game fair is over and everyone is getting ready for another safe and hopefully good waterfowl season. We are again looking for youth to be involved in the young waterfowlers program. The dates are Sept 6th, 8th, 13th, and 15th. Field day on the 10th and Guided hunt in the refuge on the 17th. Read prior posting from last year for more info. or give me a call 612-221-7061. Goldy

See above posts. We are again looking for 30, 12-16 year olds that have an interest in waterfowl hunting to get involved in this program. Dates will be, classroom on 9-5 and 9-7. Day at the range on 9-9. Classroom on 9-12 and 9-14 and the hunt will be on 9-16 or 9-23. Call Terry S. at 952-858-0705 to register. I would also answer any questions one might have.

Goldy