• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fall duck hunting partner needed.

Well again this year my hunting partner said he can't commit to hunting waterfowl this fall.
He is having some familly problems after his mother passed away.
So I am looking for some one to join me this fall.
My plan is to hunt North Dakota or South Dakota where we were at last year.
Am open to hunt minnesota as well, I have several spots in mind.
I have all the equipment, just need some one to share travel expenses and chat with between scouting and hunting.
My Daughter isn't mature enough yet to go, she is old enought to accompany me but doesn't have the patiance to sit the morning through.

Thanks,Benny
[email protected]

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

I wish I'd known about this earlier Benny.

I now have multiple hunting partners for both waterfowl and pheasant. Iowa Pheasants, ND Ducks, URL Ducks, and Wilmar Ducks.

Hell, I'd do it, but i wont set foot in ND for anything unless I have to.
As far as I'm concerned, we are 2 different countries that dont get along.

(Someone PLEASE stop me from reading the Nodakoutdoors forum)

Dano2
I know how you feel about ND.,but if it is as good as SD. was last yearI can live with their petty politics.

I am open to stay in Minnesota, I used to hunt up at Fergus Falls every year since the early 80's.Quit going there about 6 years ago on any regular bases, was up there three years back and did fair to good.
I know a few spots in central Minn in the MWMA(Mille Lacs Wildlife Managment Area) as well as a few spots here in the metro if they are still legal to hunt.

How about SD?I know a few great spots over there and there isn't any politics.I won't give out to many details on South Dakota as I gave my word not to say where we were at.
You would just have to trust me that it's super hunting and no hassels with the petty politics.
Send an Email if your serious, and want to hunt this fall. I have to call the hotel and book a double room, other wise I was just going to go and rough it in the Ford.

Rick, I should have posted a couple of weeks back when Jim first said he wasn't going to make it this year.But I had hoped he could work out his problems and still make it.But our great court system doesn't play fair so he will be tied up all October.

SD is a lottery drawing only for waterfowl and as far as I know it's already past the deadline to apply.

They don't sell any over-the-counter Waterfowl licenses.

The only way to hunt SD Ducks is to hunt on a licensed outfitter's land--they hold some permits for their clients.

------------------
Chells

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

I checked into SD as well. What a mess for Non-res would be waterfowlers. I'm staying away from there. I was hoping to arrange a waterfowel-pheasant trip. Too much hassle to try that.

North Dakota is a dream compared to SD waterfowling issues and politics. Pretty good hunting as well.

If you know where to hunt around the Fergus area, heck I'm up for that, I live only about 50 miles from there.
Haven't duck hunted since I was a kid and went with my brother in ND. Best hunten days of my life, How do you hunt ducks again? HEH!

If you can find time to make it up to my area this season I'd be more than happy to hunt. I know of a few out of the way places that are not hunted heavy and are currently FULL of rice... looks like it will be a great year.

I'm in Floodwood.. 40 miles nw of Duluth, 40 miles west of Grand Rapids, 40 Miles south of Hibbing... or 40 miles from nowhere.

[email protected]

Yes your all right about the lot drawing for nonresedent duck license.

I didn't know North Dakota had closed us off to hunt during the MEA weekend, I had heard the resadents wanted to close the waterfowlers out on Pheasent opener as well but the Governor supposedly said no.
I just read in the Outdoor news that they did in fact shut us out on MEA weekend.

Fisher Dave, I have hunted the Medow lands area in the past.I may get up that way in Mid October,my parents live in Pengilly .That's not to far away from Flood wood area.I will email you a couple of weeks before I plan on going to visit them.
Thanks all for the offers. I am not going to sit out another season, did that two years ago due to the same reason.It was the first time I missed a duck opener let alone the whole season.

I probably will end up going to Fergus Falls and looking for a small pot hole between a few large ponds with lots of people on them.This way they will spook all the ducks to me and I can wack a few for a meAL.

bENNY