• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

bird hunting in Iowa

Due to the increase in the North Dakota waterfowl licences, I am interested in maybe going to Iowa. I have been unable to access any information via the net on the price of Iowa waterfowl and pheasant licences. Does anyone know a web site or know where I can obtain this information.

It is around 90 for the small game and then 5 for the state duck plus you need the federal. I got a map of all State ground in Iowa of the net last year. There is alot of it. I dont remember where I get it from. Just surfing Iowa public Hunting I guess

If you're used to ND Duck/Goose hunting you're going to hate Iowa of you want to try to match the action.

Consider hunting Western MN, lots of farmers in Morris etc. will let you hunt or you can lease an entire slough for 2-300 bucks a season. You'll pay that much in drive time and Hotels in Iowa.

You could go to Eatern MT. too and shoot Upland along the way...
Your call...

------------------
Chells

Thanks for your replies found out what i needed to know there. I asked my hunting buddy if he thought the extra 100 bucks to go back to ND where we already made friends and know some hot spots was worth it and he sai well you know between the two of us thats 200 bucks that may go a long ways some place else so i still searching thanks.

You are not the only one struggling with the ND raise in fews and additional restrictions. We are even considering going north of the border.

The people in Fargo just do not want anyone from out of state to access ND.

We have to let the ND law makers know we mean business.

I urge you all to contact Gov.Tim Pawlenty's office. He's preparing to dicuss this matter with Gov. Hoven and turn this thing back around before it goes further than it already has.

I'm going to pass on the Ducks this year and buy an Archery Tag for Whitetail and spend my mornings and evenings looking for a nice fat Buck grin.gif

------------------
Chells