• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone have any good Buffalo Wing recipes?

JP Z

Planning to make up a bunch of wings for the Superbowl and was curious if anyone had any good recipes. Doesn't need to be the standard buffalo sauce, could also be of another nature.

Thanks folks!

Do a google search on "butter based buffalo wing recipes".

Skim through the findings on that.

I just recently heard about melted butter as an ingredient for buffalo wings from a friend that owns a restaurant... And man am I happy she told us about it!!!

PS - she wouldnt give me her exact recipe. But the ones I have found are fabulous.

Scott's famous chicken wings from Allrecipes, for 12 whole wings or 24 segmented wings (12 drummies and 12 "wings"):

Thaw, separate if necessary, rinse, and pat dry your wings. Coat with flour and let sit for an hour in the fridge.

Get oil to 375 degree temp. Temp is very important. Too hot and you burn them, too cold and you get soggy wings. Just right will crisp them and cook them thoroughly. Cook the wings 15 minutes. They should float gently and be browned when they are done.

While cooking, prep sauce. Combine 1/3 cup melted unsalted butter, 1 tbsp grd blk pepper, 1 tbsp red chili pepper flakes, 1/2 cup Franks redhot or the like, in a heat safe bowl as you'll put hot wings into it.

After 15 minutes of cooking, remove wings and coat in the bowl. Remove and plate. Pour any remaining sauce over the top.

Here's a recipe I've been eating for a very long time and tweaking for a little while now.

1 Package wings (~24 wing pieces or so)

1C Low sodium Soy Sauce

1C White Wine

3TBSP Terryaki Sauce

2TBSP Honey

1TBSP Chile Paste (Sriracha)

1TSP Sesame Oil

Bake in a glass dish @ 275 for ~4-5hours or until almost falling apart. Half way through, flip each wing.

I do this with drummies, pull the meat off and make sandwiches. It's outstanding.

Make sure to add a tablespoon of vinegar to get it that zing!

Do a google search on "butter based buffalo wing recipes".

Skim through the findings on that.

I just recently heard about melted butter as an ingredient for buffalo wings from a friend that owns a restaurant... And man am I happy she told us about it!!!

PS - she wouldnt give me her exact recipe. But the ones I have found are fabulous.

Thank you all, I'm definitly making the Scott's famous wings....and I did a little searching online and found a vinegar based one, gonna try that I think hoping it is like the BWW Salt and Vinegar rub ones MMMMMMMMMM.

6 tbsp cold butter, cubed

2 cloves garlic, minced

1/4 c or so Frank's Red Hot

pinch of Kosher salt

Mince up the garlic, put in in a microwave safe bowl with the butter and melt the butter.

Stir in the Frank's and add a pinch of salt.

- Can obviously adjust the quantity but this is actually enough for about 3 lbs of wings.

- In a pinch you can use garlic powder, but the real thing is better. My kids fight over the garlic pieces in the bottom of the bowl.

Easiest Buffalo sauce in the world. I bet I make this at least weekly for something or other - dipping sauce for baked chicken thighs, Buffalo popcorn shrimp or chicken (Buy frozen popcorn chicken or shrimp, then toss with the sauce when it comes out of the oven. Buffalo chicken wraps with chopped lettuce and crumbled Blue cheese and buffalo popcorn chicken chunks are killer and Buffalo popcorn shrimp are *awesome* on a salad). We buy the gigantor bottles of Frank's at Costco. Amazing how much of the stuff we go through...

As far as actual wings go, IMHO, steaming then baking is the only way to fly. Always crispy, never greasy.

Dang, I'm hungry now. Long time until lunch frown

Still like the traditional franks recipe that RK spelled out. Another favorite is pretty similar to OnAFlys. Key to me is to get that fat rendered down. Fry, bake, grill...whatever...just make sure it gets cook up or off. Read about that steaming thing first, suppose it would be a lot more tender.....really want some wings now.

Here was the final recipe we did besides Mr. RK's

Maggie's Salt and Vinegar Wings

20 wings & drums

1 tablespoon creole seasoning (we used Emeril's chicken rub)

4 tablespoons white distilled vinegar

2 teaspoon white table salt

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Season wings with creole seasoning.

Place parchment paper down onto baking sheet and place wings/drums in single layer

Bake 50-60 minutes until crispy. In a separate bowl mix the vinegar and table salt together (we did this in a large ziplock bag to keep it a little cleaner). Once wings/drums are crisp, toss in vinegar mixture.

And Done. FYI, here is a recipe I found for Emeril's Creole seasoning.

Ingredients:

•2-1/2 Tbsp paprika

•2 Tbsp salt

•2 Tbsp garlic powder

•1 Tbsp freshly ground black pepper

•1 Tbsp onion powder

•1 Tbsp cayenne

•1 Tbsp dried oregano

•1 Tbsp dried thyme