• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Smoke and LOUD Squeel 99 Bonne

99 Pontiac Bonneville 3.8vinK 242,000 miles.

Started fine this morning. 15 minutes later smoke is coming out of the hood. Didn't sound good, but no squeeling. Shut off motor. Opened hood. Smoke smells like burning rubber. Notice a few drops of fluids on the ground under the engine, could be oily melting snow from the heat too, will check when i get home this afternoon.

Appeared like some heat/smoke coming from the pulley that is under the coolant pump.

So i started the vehicle again. Turned on fine, squeeled like a mo fo. I would think the loud squeel was the belt, sounded like a little grinding happening as well. I had repalced the coolant pump a few months ago.

Got into a different vehicle and went to work.

Any help on diagnosing this?

Thanks experts.

Happened to me going down the road in an Eagle Vision some years back. All of a sudden there was this cloud of smoke rolling out from under the hood...the AC compressor had locked up. Sorta catches you off guard...was like what heck??? Will admit "heck" wasn't the word I used. smile