• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

BFL

lookincalifornia

so, i am gonna fish a couple BFL's this year(co-angler) because i like the idea of a higher stakes tourney for weekend anglers. i fished my first one last summer and found a lot more wrapped boats, and sponsered anglers than i expected. i fished with one of these guys and found that most of them are part time guides looking to suplement income and compete. i am fine with that, but on facebook the other day, i found out that Marty Stone is gonna fish 9 BFL's this year. former elite series pro Marty Stone in competeing in 9 tournaments designed for weekend anglers. i am all for competing against top competion, but it would be nice if FLW had a tournament winnings maximum for the BFL events. still a Marty Stone fan, but if i were the guy putting my $300 in the pot to fish out of a 15 year old bass boat i might be upset to see him in the same feild.

Somewhat agree. But there is a reason Marty didn't make it in the Elites or the FLW tour. You can say economy all you want, but if you are good, you can make it, and he had the PR skills to make it, but for the last how many years, never did.

On the other side. I would love the chance to say "yep, finished higher than Marty Stone"

BLFs are a qualifying event for bigger circuits and if you didnt know Marty was out of the game for a couple years and easing back in. This is like a Bassmaster open that is open to whoever wants to fish and pay, a lot of Elite series anglers fish those. A lot of FLW pros fish the smaller tournaments as well. Its still an FLW event. This isn't your average small tournament circuit and is fished by a lot of full time proffesionals. I guess your signing up for it. These guys arent coming to your tuesday night leagues and taking your money.