• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

help mechanics?? 1999 suburban

last couple of weeks my suburban 220,000 miles has been having hiccups is the best way to describe it..it doesnt happen all the time but was driving 65 cruise on and all of a sudden it will start to jerk..cruise turns off check engine lite blinks and the other nite the abs light came on and stayed on also the tach goes up and down and gas gauge bounces..it has also happen at lower speeds.. and sometimes when i give it gas it hesitates..now it seems like its not getting gas so give me some ideas as to what u experts might think.. fuel filter? injectors need cleaning..

I'm not expert, but that is the 5.7 L 350, right? Did you try new plugs and wires yet? And the original AC/Delco not some aftermaket? That is what I would do first, then I would turn to the experts wink

The same thing has been happening to me with my 97 chev silverado. No jumping gauges though. Every time it happens,i put a can of sea foam in the gas tank, run 20-30 miles problem gone. BUT the problem returns about once a month and has been happening for about 8 months now. The sea foam always seems to smooth things out every time i use it. Might wanna try it just for the heck of it.