• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
fishinnut_3446

TB Tripwire

Bought 1 when I had to go to MN.to pick up some supplys to finish my wheel house.

First off I got to say this thing is so light and sensitive,my #1 go to rod,just love it!

But...... It has the Rec.guides,they are suppose to spring right back correct?they did at the store when the salesman showed me,but now they kind of just stay in place frown

My guides spring back no prob. I do have a kink in my spring in mine tho. Not bad enough to worry about, but def there.

I know the benefit to these guides is primarily the weight reduction and the increased sensitivity associated with that.

I've read that they can be bent, but I am curious why people would do that? Am I missing something?

Improper care comes to mind.

The only way you bend the wire is from improper care. Now to bend the spring wire on purpose? No idea.

I wouldn't say improper care,I did what he did and it didn't spring back.

I would like to think I take care of me stuff,although I did sit on my wifes rod last Fri.snapped right at the cork frown

The recoil guides appears to become soft during cold weather conditions to where they can bend in and out back into position. They dont always spring back into its original position, just bend it back.

Thanks andy,I just wanted to check with some of you guys before a needless phone call to TB,and I got to give them props for my Perch sweetheart also smile

full-43080-30335-tbtripwirecopycat.jpg

I used to use the wire piece in a rubber piece that attached to the rod but I saw the TB tripwire and decided to try it. Gonna test it this weekend but it's basically a copy-cat.

I know the benefit to these guides is primarily the weight reduction and the increased sensitivity associated with that.

I've read that they can be bent, but I am curious why people would do that? Am I missing something?

My thoughts exactly.